International Business Development Graduate
Glasgow based business systems company, Berkeley Myles Solutions is looking to recruit a committed and talented graduate to undertake a key business project which will allow you to get involved with a wide range of opportunities across our business, all aimed at providing you with the knowledge required to play a key role in helping us achieve our growth ambitions. To make a success of this 9 month placement, you must have the personality to fit in and make a difference. Specifically, the role will compliment the work undertaken by our Support and Marketing teams and for the right candidate, a permanent position may be on offer at the end of the placement.
In the last year or so, we have made significant improvements to our business systems technology and we are now in a position to offer these enhancements to existing and potentially, new customers. This project aims to support the roll out to our existing clients but in addition, it aims to ensure that our market intelligence levels are increased to enable us to attract new customers who could benefit from these exciting improvements. Key to this will be to develop a thorough understanding of our systems, identify key client groups via market research and then to develop new marketing and promotional campaigns to drive up new business.
- Develop a complete understanding of our new and improved product offering
- Work with Marketing Team to develop and implement a new strategy to new target markets, with a particular focus on the Republic of Ireland
- Carry out research into other similar product offerings in identified territories
- For new and existing clients, implement and maintain customer care and support initiatives
- Carry out follow up meetings with new customers, following new sales, either in person or remotely
- In partnership with Marketing team, provide a comprehensive report to Directors on overall success of new business strategy and implementation
HND or Degree, perhaps in a Business related discipline. We are happy to receive applications from graduates from any background.
Skills / Experience
- Appreciation for the importance of marketing and promotion to gain new business
- Outstanding communication skills
- Enthusiastic and confident personality
- Excellent self management skills
- Can work well on an individual basis as well as part of a highly effective team
- Comfortable meeting deadlines and milestones
- Technically-minded and can pick up and articulate new concepts quickly
- Previous experience of a similar role, either during or post study
The management and staff of Berkeley Myles are professional and passionate about the company but believe the best way to ensure they provide an excellent service is in a relaxed, friendly and informal working environment.
We are dedicated to the on-going development of our team, and wish to support the graduate we take on as much as possible in their learning. Training will be provided, and access to senior management and expert advice.
Walk around our office and you will see lots of intriguing things:
- A boardroom table that is a pool table
- A dartboard
- Casually dressed employees
- Lots of bikes from the people who cycle to work every day
- Co-workers talking passionately about how to improve our production control systems
...If only there was a fridge stocked with beer and snacks!
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!