Livingston based Entrotec is a successful designer and manufacturer of door entry and security products and we currently have an ambitious product development plan with associated projects. As part of this process, we are looking for a talented graduate Electronics Engineer to work with us on 12 month placement, with a view to a permanent position.
We are an ever expanding business and therefore we are developing additional capacity in key departments to ensure our products continue to innovate our industry.
Our financial targets are to reach a £10m turnover by 2020. In order to do this our products must be developed to accommodate a new market – this market being ‘private housing’. Whilst maintaining growth in traditional ‘social housing’ we recognise the need to develop more functionality within existing products and develop new robust and resilient products for our new market.
If realised, this growth will be testament to this project which will see you developing these solutions for sale to existing and new customers.
As an electronics engineer, you will be responsible for development and test of electronic systems which are microcontroller based with analogue peripherals and interfaces. You will be involved at many stages of design from developing concepts through to implementing and testing designs.
Up to date knowledge and experience of embedded systems is essential as the position will offer the chance to get hands-on new and exciting products.
You will be given all the training and support necessary.
Ideally, Degree qualified in Electronics engineering.
Skills / Experience
- Previous experience in electronic design with an understanding of product design life-cycles
- Experience in embedded software development environments and C, C++ programming languages
- Knowledge of IoT
- Good verbal and communication skills
- Ability to work within a team, understand specifications and follow instructions
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Experience developing with ARM and RTOS
- Experience developing of Android OS
- Knowledge of VoIP and SIP
- Web development experience
Entrotec are renowned for developing their products but also developing our people. We are proud to boast a 0.53 staff turnover rate average in past 3 years. We believe any candidate placed with Entrotec will grow in knowledge and as an individual.
Working alongside other graduate employees, we will be able to give ownership and recognition for solid development project work.
We also offer:
- Competitive salary
- Training and development opportunities
- Ongoing coaching and mentoring
- High potential of full time employment
- All relevant other relevant benefits e.g. Pension etc
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!