Marketing and Communications Graduate
Norscot Joinery Ltd, based in Wick, Caithness, is a leading manufacturer of energy efficient timber frame kit homes, windows and doors. They are offering an exciting 12 month placement for a graduate with knowledge of marketing and social media which will entail developing and implementing processes to enhance our market presence, both locally and overseas.
At present Norscot Joinery’s main customer base is in the Highlands & Islands and they now aim to realise their growth aspirations by expanding their customer base both locally and internationally.
The successful candidate will assist in the development and implementation of a marketing and social media strategy for the company.
For informal enquiries regarding this position please contact Jason Fraser, Technical Director, T: 01955 641 303, E: Jason.email@example.com.
This position is part funded by Highlands and Islands Enterprise and the European Regional Development Fund.
Specific tasks will include:
- The creation and implementation of a marketing and social media strategy.
- Coordinate and undertake targeted marketing campaigns.
- Oversee, monitor and maintain all social media platforms.
- Implement Google Analytics or equivalent, and then establish and monitor KPIs to track the benefits of all online marketing campaigns.
- Generate media content for the social media channels.
- Undertake national and international market research.
Minimum degree, preferably related to Marketing. Other subjects accepted provided the candidate has the required skills.
Skills / Experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills, enjoys interacting with people
- Good knowledge of marketing and social media principles, processes and tools
- Good communication skills
- Ability to plan and meet deadlines
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task
- IT (and graphics)
- Enjoy being part of a team but capable of working independently
- Ability to assume responsibility for project management and completion
- Can do attitude
- Knowledge of the construction sector
- Understanding of manufacturing processes
- Knowledge of databases
- Understanding of print media
Norscot Joinery would ensure there would be in-house IT and systems training available for the successful candidate.
Caithness is a fantastic place to live and work. Norscot Joinery can assist the graduate with sourcing accommodation, if necessary.
Consideration will also be given as to whether a bonus payment will be awarded in relation to the last 6 months of the placement, if all aspects of the project have been achieved and there are clear positive outcomes.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!