Armadilla Ltd is a design and manufacturing company based just south of Edinburgh. Our product range encompasses a number of iconic timber modular buildings and geodesic domes with the emphasis on organic shaped designs. Adopted on to the Scottish Enterprise High Growth Pipeline we are experiencing significant growth and are now distributing throughout the UK, Europe, the Middle East and have global aspirations.
We require a talented and committed architectural technologist to work as a fully inclusive member of the team on this exciting journey for an initial 12 month placement.
Our existing and future products require the input of an innovative individual to make them more –
- environmentally sustainable
- user friendly
- efficient to manufacture
- regulatory compliant in diverse states
This exciting project will see you being involved in the design and development of these products.
At the end of 12 months the project will be expected to have delivered the following outcomes –
- Expanded portfolio of products
- Complete dossier of technical specifications of existing products
- Fulfilment of regulatory compliance in all export territories
- Enhanced sustainability through improved material selection and design changes
- A permanent position within the company to help maintain market prominence
- Help us create even more exciting organic architecture buildings
- Prepare complete analysis of existing products and opportunities for product enhancement
- Work closely with design team on development of product range
- Be involved in development of Off Site Construction projects and other MMC
- Assess impact of materials on manufacturing output.
- Develop our regulatory compliance globally
BSc/BSc (Hons) Architectural Technology or an MSc Architectural Technology & Building Performance would be ideal but will consider other degrees and classifications, providing you meet the essential criteria for the role.
Skills / Experience
- Ability to understand and interpret objectives, requirements and project budgets
- Understanding of manufacturing process and materials technologies
- Use IT in design and project management, specifically use of sketch up and Artcam.
- Work within financial budgets and deadlines
- Understand and follow building laws and safety regulations
- Produce detailed workings, drawings and specifications
- Specify the nature and quality of materials required
- Prepare applications for planning and building control departments
- Resolve problems and issues arising during development and construction
- Prepare presentations
- Ability to multitask
You will be working within a vibrant company at the most exciting phase as it launches into a period of rapid expansion.
We hope you’ll be staying on with us but if and when you leave you’ll be taking a massive amount of experience and skill development that will stand you in good stead for the rest of your life.
Our culture is informal and you will be mentored and have access to all levels of management.
You will be involved in a broad range of activities and have the opportunity to see the fruits of your labour on site with end users.
And of course, you’ll get paid and even have paid holidays!
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!