Supply Chain Commercialisation Analyst
Beam Suntory is the world's third largest premium spirits company. We have an extremely active innovation agenda aimed at introducing new products and concepts to market (25% of Growth from innovation), as well as extending existing products into new Geographical areas that will drive the organic growth the business needs to succeed in its goal ‘to be the world’s fastest growing premium spirits company’.
As a key part of the supply chain commercialisation team, based in Glasgow, the graduate project will look to make improvements to KPI’s, metrics and analytics and play a pivotal role in the process supporting Brand, Innovation, Global Product Commercialisation and local operating units and co-packers.
Following on the acquisition in 2014 of Beam Inc. by Suntory Holdings, we have been working to harmonise processes and teams and have identified a clear gap and opportunity to develop and provide some KPI’s, metrics and analytics to communicate clearly and precisely the status of active projects in the International region.
Based within the International Supply Chain team in Glasgow, the role of commercialisation analyst will offer a great opportunity to take ownership and lead in the development of the KPI’s, metrics and analytics and to be a focal point in what is an extremely dynamic company. You will need to be able communicate across many geographies (Europe, Asia, Oceania & Americas) and functions (Marketing, Finance, product commercialisation, regulatory, legal and operations).
Specifically working with the commercialisation managers based in Glasgow, Singapore & Australia you will create, refine and report on the KPI’s to ensure alignment to the key pillars of the business;
- Create Famous Brands
- Build Winning Markets
- Fuel Our Growth
Empowering our people to be innovative, entrepreneurial, deliver outstanding performance and beat the competition together
Over the 12 months the project will look to have delivered the following objectives;
- Improved lifecycle management (Embed a robust Run Out Run In – RORI process)
- Improved execution of innovation (Reduction in the number of projects on compressed timelines)
- Faster introduction to new markets (Reduction in number of Geo expansion projects)
- Reduction in level of Excess & Obsolete stock (25% reduction in the Year-on-Year value in USD)
- Identification of the overall innovation load on the business (clear metrics to show the innovation load on the business by project type and geography, to ensure smoothing to resource capability)
- Aid COGS reduction to meet business objective to hold OPEX flat
- Identify additional costs to expedite launch (air-freight)
- Drive more informed decision making through the business
Main areas of responsibility during the project are as follows:
Take lead role in updating key stakeholders within International markets on appropriate timelines on International Innovation project initiatives in close collaboration with the SC Commercialisation Management team:
- Ensure stakeholders fed accurate timelines on all assigned projects on a monthly basis via excel
- Maintain a dynamic and accurate set of time lines within the month through close collaboration with the various stakeholders across OU and project management team.
Develop, enhance and improve the current key performance indicators for Supply Chain Commercialisation in close collaboration with the management team and take opportunity to be perceived as the key focal point to provide value add for driving Supply Chain Commercialisation KPI analytics .
Look to develop and play supporting role in International Innovation for Geography expansion projects that do not require input by International Innovation team ensuring the following is provided:
- P&L (in conjunction with Finance)
- Target dates
- Markets and volumes per market
- Create pre reads and final approvals for Exec meetings
- Enter and maintain projects in Planisware project management system
Degree in a relevant Business discipline and ideally, blended with with previous experience of utilsing IT systems in a project management environment either theoretical or in working practice.
Skills / Experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Supply Chain principles within large Corporate Organisation
- Awareness of Marketing and Commercialisation theoretics
- Basic Finance knowledge ( P+L sheets, profit margins )
- Strong Excel and Powerpoint skills
- Outstanding organisational skills and time management
- High degree of analytical skills particularly on Excel
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Effective communication skills with the ability to convey effectively and persuasively key findings from business analytical tasks
- Can develop working relationships with key stakeholders
- Results oriented with the ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
- Additional language skills
- Basic Project Management competencies
As part of your ScotGrad placement, you will be able to participate in two courses, one online and the other is classroom based. The courses are themed around digital marketing and sales and will provide you with knowledge and skills which will enhance your current and future employability prospects.
ScotGrad placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a vast network of graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All graduates appointed through the programme are encouraged to make use of the ScotGrad LinkedIn group to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities and build up a professional network.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!