Graduate Decommissioning Environmental Advisor
Well-Safe Solutions provides a ground-breaking approach to the safe and cost-efficient decommissioning of on and offshore wells. To support our ongoing plans for the business, we are looking to hire a talented graduate to assist with the implementation of environmental elements of Well Safe Solutions’ QHSE Management system. This is a 12 month placement, based in Aberdeen.
- In supporting the WSS Team and its Clients, you will be tasked with developing positive working relationships with all interested parties, reflecting its Values, Policies and HSE Promises during the fulfilment of duties.
- In addition to the Environmental Responsibilities, you will work alongside and support the Quality and Health & Safety disciplines of QHSE when required.
You will incorporate Environmental Management activities for both onshore and offshore operations. It will require the engagement and development of positive working arrangements with Industry and associated Regulatory bodies to ensure that the permits, legal consents, applications and other requirements are been managed and adhered to.
Main Project Tasks:
- Support/Lead the WSS Director of Well Abandonment and Team lead(s), for each Asset, to ensure that Environmental elements are planned, implemented and executed in compliance with arrangements
- Liaise with the project engineer(s) to ensure that Project Environmental Costs, Schedule(s), Risk(s) and Opportunity(s), Permits, Licenses and Consents (PLANC), and Interfaces are developed, communicated and on track for each project
- Work with the Operations Manager/Teams throughout the Project/Asset Mobilisation, Demobilisation and Maintenance and repair phases of the project and develop a plan to ensure the PLANC requirements are established and maintained
- Support/Lead investigations into establishing root cause(s) of incidents, identifying and communicating effective preventative measures and opportunities for improvement/lessons learned
- Adoption and compliance with WSS QHSE Policies, Aims and Objectives
- To support and engage in the development and implementation of the Environmental Elements of the Management System in compliance with current UK regulation
- To support and engage in the roll out of the Environmental arrangements to Interested Parties
- Development and realisation of collaborative opportunities within the WSS organisation and its interested parties
Environmental discipline related qualification at degree level
Skills / Experience
- Experience of sourcing and working with Environmental Statutes and Regulations
- Ability to Interpret and apply Statute and Regulatory requirements in an objective manner
- Knowledge and understanding of the UK and/or Overseas Environmental regulations
- Excellent Verbal and Written communications skills
- Bi Lingual - English/Dutch language would be advantageous
- Experience of effective Aspect and Impact Risk Management
Annual leave, sick leave, life assurance and pension.
- As part of your ScotGrad placement, you will be able to participate in two courses, one online and the other is classroom based. The courses are themed around digital marketing and sales and will provide you with knowledge and skills which will enhance your current and future employability prospects.
- ScotGrad placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a vast network of graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All graduates appointed through the programme are encouraged to make use of the ScotGrad LinkedIn group to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities and build up a professional network.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!