Extra Mile Studios Ltd, a developer of videogames based in central Glasgow. We are launching two new original IP games in the coming 12 months and to help us with the marketing of these new games, we are looking to hire a highly committed and talented graduate who will be excited by the prospect of bringing these games to the global games marketplace. This is a 12 month placement initially.
You will develop a strategy to raise and maintain awareness of the two new games Extra Mile are releasing and, working with the game development team, will be responsible for implementing that strategy.
We are looking for you to bring your skills and expertise to help us gain international market traction for our two new IP games. You will be tasked with developing a strategy and then ensuring that it is implemented with maximum impact.
Main tasks and areas of responsibility:
- Work closely with the EM Studios game development team to understand the strengths of the company’s IP and to create a marketing plan
- Organise product launches, with a strong focus on making best use of available digital tools to establish a social media presence
- Specify content for pre-launch teasers and other pre-post launch materials
- Make use of major industry events (such as Gamescom 18 and GDC 19) to liaise with games media
- Engage with key games media and influencers and ensure they are fully supported
- Manage post-launch activities, particularly in relation to maintaining product awareness through social media channels
- Liaise with platform holders (Sony, Microsoft, Apple, Nintendo etc) with a view to achieving placements on digital store fronts at launch and during promotions
- Research the Chinese games publishing landscape with a view to raising profile of EM and the company’s products with Chinese publishers, and ultimately securing deals to bring the company’s games to the Chinese market.
HND or Degree qualified in Marketing or Business would be ideal, however, we welcome applications from candidates who possess the essential skills, as set out below.
Skills / Experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Implementation of digital marketing campaigns
- Analysing and reporting on marketing campaigns
- Writing copy for e-marketing campaigns
- Basic knowledge of mobile and console video games
- Using of social media platforms to grow product awareness
- An understanding of influencers on platforms such as YouTube, Twitter and Twitch
- Managing and maintaining game specific websites
- Knowledge of the workings of the digital games economy
An excellent opportunity to work in the centre of Glasgow, but in a business that truly has a global reach.
Spend a year working within a company releasing video games on all major platforms. Be responsible for interacting with major digital storefronts from Apple, Google, Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo. Develop valuable skills and invaluable social media experience in community growth and management.
As part of your ScotGrad placement, you will be able to participate in two courses, one online and the other is classroom based. The courses are themed around digital marketing and sales and will provide you with knowledge and skills which will enhance your current and future employability prospects.
ScotGrad placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a vast network of graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All graduates appointed through the programme are encouraged to make use of the ScotGrad LinkedIn group to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities and build up a professional network.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!