Business Process Improvement Graduate
SASES provides its unique chemical and engineering technology to the global oil industry and waste management industry. Cleaning up oil contaminated waste and recovering oil is our main area of activity. We are going through a strong growth period and in order to support our highly ambitious plans we now have an opportunity for an ambitious and hard working graduate. This 12 month placement is based in Livingston and you will work closely with the Operations & Logistics manager and directly with the CEO. Because of the nature of the project you will interact with all aspects of the business.
In order to support the growth of the company and in order to create the right systems and processes for continued success, you will work closely with the team to gain an understanding of the business and the needs and requirements of our customers and suppliers.
Working closely with the Operations Manager and the CEO you will establish new processes and systems with the aim of streamlining the business and creating the foundations for future growth in head count and revenue. We believe that effective business processes and systems are directly related to long-term company success.
Your work will cover all aspects and activities the company engages in: finance, business planning, logistics, sales and marketing, supply chain management, customer support, employee development and product development.
You will gain a thorough understanding of all aspects of the business and its customers and create processes and systems to shape the foundation for growth to come over the next few years. You will learn how to handle and organise international logistics, financial management and most other areas of the business.
For this project, you will be working with the logistics manager and the other members of the management team. All team members are based in Livingston and the COO is based in Houston, Texas.
You will play a key role in the development of the finance and logistics department by challenging and improving processes.
We will ensure that you are given all the support required to enable you to have a complete understanding of all existing systems and processes and how they interact with each other in bookkeeping, supply chain management and areas such as business development, customer support, marketing and operations.
Main areas of responsibility:
- Evaluate current processes in all aspects of the business and together with the management team explore, develop, write and finalise a thorough integrated management system to support future growth
- Gain understanding of existing sales and purchase invoices processing with a view to making improvements
- Build relationships with key suppliers and sub contractors to improve processes related to materials ordering and manufacturing orders
- Develop understanding of how to organise international shipping of engineering systems and chemicals from our manufacturing sites in the UK and USA to customers around the world
- Establish processes for handling issues relating to customer support and order delivery
A degree is a minimum requirement. Ideally your degree is in an area such a business management but attitude and a sincere interest in the role described means, another degree is not necessarily a negative.
Skills / Experience
- Ability to work proactively and autonomously
- Ability to be flexible and respond to changing demands, even when under pressure
- Comfortable working to deadlines
- Exhibit some experience of working effectively within a team environment
- High standard of written English
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Excellent communication skills
- First-class personal management skills
- Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook skills
- An open mind and a real wanting-to-learn-new-things attitude to work
- Previous experience of a similar role, either during or post-study
- Full driving license and a car would be a bonus
As part of your ScotGrad placement, you will be able to participate in two courses, one online and the other is classroom based. The courses are themed around digital marketing and sales and will provide you with knowledge and skills which will enhance your current and future employability prospects.
ScotGrad placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a vast network of graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All graduates appointed through the programme are encouraged to make use of the ScotGrad LinkedIn group to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities and build up a professional network.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!