Graduate Software Developer
Based in Dumbarton, Opos has been supplying contact centre services to a variety sectors for 10 years. As part of our ongoing plans for growth, we are in the process of bringing all our software development requirements in-house and we are looking to hire a highly talented graduate to help us with this significant project. When delivered, it will allow us to adapt more quickly to client and regulatory requirements. The position would suit a graduate with a qualification in Computer Science.
The role is to support the software development requirements of the business. The business has two key systems, a CRM system and a telephony system. We are currently redeveloping the front ends of these systems to utilise the latest web technologies available. You will be a key part of this project, helping ensure a timely and effective delivery.
We also have web-based customer and client portals which require to be enhanced and this work will also form part of this project.
You will be given “on the job” training on all in house technologies and their development utilising various technologies.
You will become a founding member of Opos Limited’s IT department and will have a detailed knowledge of it’s IT infrastructure, its system and how to maintain and develop them. This role will see you exposed to a broad range of technologies giving you a broad skillset with a core focus on software development.
You will also have knowledge of how to design, deploy, configure and maintain databases
Main tasks and areas of responsibility:
- To support the Managing and Technical Director in ongoing IT development projects
- Commit time to develop a detailed knowledge of the existing in-house technologies
- To skill up on latest web development environments and technologies
- Provide enhancements to the user experience by developing modern web front ends for our solutions
- To help manage and administer our IT infrastructure needs
- Proactively drive innovation and contribute to the software lifecycle
- Assist in the design, deployment, configuration and maintenance of our databases
- HND, Undergraduate Degree, Postgraduate Degree, Master’s Degree in relevant IT discipline will be ideal for this role.
- Skills / Experience
- Essential Skills
- Experience of programming languages, including web-based technologies
- Database structures and technologies
- Windows Operating Systems
- Windows Networks
- Project management experience, including the ability to plan projects and meet target dates
- Excellent communication skills
- Can work autonomously or as part of a team
- Knowledge of Asterisk open source PBX
- Progress Openedge Relational Database
- IT Security
- Progress Openedge 4GL
- Angular 2
In the role of Graduate Software Developer, you will benefit from working in a growing company where there are regular opportunities to progress. We have a strong background in technology which is a key focus for the business. You will work in a team environment surrounded by experienced peers who will help ensure you achieve your potential.
You will work closely with senior management and get exposure to various aspects of the business. In addition, you will become proficient in a variety of modern technologies that will stand you in good stead for a career in software development.
The role is expected to become permanent once the project is completed.
As part of your ScotGrad placement, you will be able to participate in two courses, one online and the other is classroom based. The courses are themed around digital marketing and sales and will provide you with knowledge and skills which will enhance your current and future employability prospects.
ScotGrad placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a vast network of graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All graduates appointed through the programme are encouraged to make use of the ScotGrad LinkedIn group to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities and build up a professional network.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!