eLearning Systems Officer
Nubis Aviation Ltd is an Edinburgh based start-up company and we are in the process of creating an online based Learning Management System platform for the training of maintenance personnel within the aviation industry. Our aim is to create a support mechanism for aviation maintenance by supplying continuous and relevant information in the hopes of sustaining and improving productivity and aircraft safety. Our long-term vision is to create an approved training academy for the creation of licensed aircraft engineers
Currently our website and Learning Management System (LMS) is in the beta stage of testing and is on track to be completely functionable by mid-August for initial launch. Upon launch, we will already have customers as per our partnership agreement with TARCG (The Aviation Recruitment and Consultancy Group).
In order to successfully launch the website and LMS we require the content for the initial training courses being to be scripted and added to the website. The initial priority will be to complete the course content. This is integral for the launch of the company and we are hoping to have this in place for early September.
The second phase of the project will see you readdressing the course material into bitesize learning modules for the subscription-based platform. This step is key for us in achieving our short-term growth plans and we will be industry leaders with this innovation.
Course content will cover the following topics:
- Safety Management Systems
- Electrical Wiring Interconnect Systems
- Fuel Tank Safety
- Legislation for Aviation Industry
- Human Factors for Aviation Maintenance
You will bring enthusiasm and creativity to our team to assist in the development of our online courses. This will involve initial course creation and articulation, through to the redressing of the content to allow users to access in a bitesize format.
- Amalgamate a collection of resources into a cohesive and attentive learning course for aviation personnel
- Create a course layout and script, based upon a pre-existing template in compliance with Nubis Aviation Ltd
- Create a suite of PowerPoint presentations based on a pre-existing template in compliance with Nubis Aviation Ltd
HND or Degree qualified in appropriate discipline which would include content creation and e-Learning.
Skills / Experience
- Outstanding communication skills, both in written and verbal form
- Can work effectively under own initiative
- Experience of managing projects with shifting priorities
- Outstanding personal management skills
- Competent with common MS Office packages
- Can embrace new challenges and display resilience when required
- Open minded and pro-active
- Be rigorous, precise and solution orientated
- Interest in elearning and development, both personally and on a professional basis
- Interest in the Aviation industry
- A second language
The business is based in Edinburgh and we have access to office space with ‘The Open University’ based in Edinburgh. However, given that we are an online business, we would encourage a virtual office environment (using skype and project management web based tooling) and you will also be able to access continual support throughout the project.
As part of your ScotGrad placement, you will be able to participate in two courses, one online and the other is classroom based. The courses are themed around digital marketing and sales and will provide you with knowledge and skills which will enhance your current and future employability prospects.
ScotGrad placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a vast network of graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All graduates appointed through the programme are encouraged to make use of the ScotGrad LinkedIn group to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities and build up a professional network
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!