E-Commerce Digital Marketing Specialist
After several years of solid growth, we are looking to develop our digital presence to maximise their return from online efforts. We have very ambitious plan to commercialise our offering on several online platforms, including third party websites and a serious revamp of its own online digital and digital media presence. To make this a reality, we are recruiting for a talented and commercially-focused graduate to assist us with digital development and its integration to the business as a whole. The initial placement is for 12 months and will be located at our head office in North Ayrshire.
We are embarking on a strategic digital development project to identify and develop key online objectives to grow our business and increase profits. After the crucial research and strategic planning stage, the areas identified will be developed and rolled out online as well as integrated into other avenues of the business.
To be a success in this role, you will need to be hands during all stages of the project and will receive the necessary training to play a key role in its ongoing success.
To play a critical part in the role out and success of our digital development project. To bring your own strengths to the role and to take on board the opportunities to grow and develop within it.
We operate in a busy and fast paced environment and no day is the same, you will need to be flexible in your approach and willing to learn and grow with the business. While reporting in to the Finance Director who will oversee the project having the confidence to deliver a good job under your own steam is essential.
- Bring together the planned deliverables of all parties into a critical path for the project. Be responsible for both external and internal communications to communicate time frames and ensure all parties involved deliver the necessary requirements to keep the project moving
- Pull together, edit and manage the necessary content and images for the third party website and company website development
- Organise and help oversee any necessary photoshoots required for the new web content
- Create a digital marketing plan – including a social media content planner and any necessary marketing budget and then take responsibility for the reporting and analysis of such activity as it is undertaken
- Develop and lead on targeting our customers through email marketing once the new website has gone live – plan regular emails, design, populate and send using mailchimp and then analyse and adapt based on what works best
- Take responsibility for the customer experience of the new website – add engaging copy to posts to initiate customer interaction, answer customer messages and promote popular posts to maximise reach
- Take responsibility for communicating and integrating our digital developments with the offline business as usual and new business development processes
- Create internal communications that educate and inspire our teams to embrace the changes and work with them to harness and make the most of the changes as they go live and beyond
- Establish a suite of regular reports on the project and its results and present your findings to internal stake holders for review
- Implement and manage digital optimisation techniques to drive traffic to the new site and lead on the analytics and subsequent reporting of such
You will ideally have an HND or Degree in Marketing or Business related subject but we are keen to receive applicants from other disciplines, providing you possess the essential skills, set out below.
Skills / Experience
- IT literate, specically in Excel
- Understanding of social media for business platforms
- Excellent attention to detail
- Creative and commercial mindset
- Confidence to deliver and push yourself to succeed
- Able to communicate concisely (both written and verbal)
- Team player
- Photoshop and adobe software
- CMS experience
- Sales / Marketing knowledge/experience
- Interest in photography
In addition to the hands on experience gained working for this well respected and much loved entrepreneurial Scottish business, you will receive training in digital optimisation techniques and the use of analytic tools as well as effective use of Social Media Advertising.
As part of your ScotGrad placement, you will be able to participate in two courses, one online and the other is classroom based. The courses are themed around digital marketing and sales and will provide you with knowledge and skills which will enhance your current and future employability prospects.
ScotGrad placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a vast network of graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All graduates appointed through the programme are encouraged to make use of the ScotGrad LinkedIn group to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities and build up a professional network
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!