Graduate Equipment Maintenance Technician (Mechanical)
Shin-Estu Handotai Europe Ltd have an excellent opportunity for a Graduate Equipment Maintenance Technician (Mechanical) to join our dynamic team based in Livingston, West Lothian. The role focuses on wafer processing and measurement equipment. This position will require working in class 10 and class 100 cleanrooms.
You will become part of a challenging and high-tech environment to help us in our aims of achieving our quality, cost and delivery objectives. The role focuses on reliability and efficiency, with the overall objective of increasing machine uptime. The role will involve interactions at all levels of the company, including production operators, engineers and various levels of management.
You will be required to liaise with various production departments in order to prioritise equipment repairs and preventative maintenance tasks effectively to ensure minimum equipment downtime.
- Respond in a timely manner to equipment faults and changing priorities as the business requires
- To report equipment status and repair details to Supervisor, Senior Supervisor and Equipment Engineer
- On a shift basis, write up report of repairs carried out in appropriate log book
- Ensure efficient usage of equipment spares to prevent wastage
- Minimise machine downtime in order to increase yield and output
- Assist in ordering of spares when requested
- Assist and convey any relevant experience of problems in on going breakdown situations
- Assist Equipment Engineers with machine modifications
- Complete job requests in a correct and efficient manner for all work completed.
- Ensure machine checks are carried out and test & measurement equipment is within calibration
- Take appropriate action for out of spec conditions
- Ensure work instructions and Maintenance Operating Procedures are followed where appropriate
- Use your time proactively to liaise with Wafer manufacturing and Wafer inspection departments to identify improvements
- Ensure safe working conditions are maintained and that safety regulations and practices are complied with
Graduate from undergraduate or postgraduate degree, HNC or HND qualification in a related discipline - all mechanical disciplines accepted.
Skills / Experience
- Good knowledge of mechanical systems and possess the skills required to fulfil a role as a mechanical maintenance technician / engineer in a busy automated manufacturing environment
- Good fault finding skills and experience of pneumatic systems are essential
- Bench fitting skills and experience of general workshop equipment such as lathes, milling machines and welding
- IT – Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Powerpoint
- Good analytical skills – systematic fault finding, root cause identification and problem solving
- Good communication skills – Written, Verbal, numerical reasoning
- Technical drawings (Electrical, mechanical, P&ID), Technical Report Writing
- Good organisation/Project Management skills – Planning and Priority Management
- Interpersonal Skills
- Understanding of Environmental & Health & Safety – Risk Assessment, awareness of Safe Systems of Work
- Experience of working in a cleanroom environment
- Experience in working with Programmable Logic Control Systems
- Experience of vertical / horizontal furnaces
- Knowledge of laser inspection and laser marking equipment
- Advanced fault finding and 8D Problem Solving
- Project Management - Failure Mode Effect Analysis (Design and Process FMEA)
- Environmental & Health & Safety - Manual Handling, COSHH and PUWER
You will work with an experienced equipment engineering team and will benefit from an enviable learning experience in a high-tech manufacturing facility.
As part of your ScotGrad placement, you will be able to participate in two courses, one online and the other is classroom based. The courses are themed around digital marketing and sales and will provide you with knowledge and skills which will enhance your current and future employability prospects.
ScotGrad placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a vast network of graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All graduates appointed through the programme are encouraged to make use of the ScotGrad LinkedIn group to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities and build up a professional network.
Location: Livingston, West Lothian
Planned interview date: TBC
This placement may result in a permanent employment afterwards
Preferred start date: December 2018/January 2019
Shin-Etsu Handotai Europe Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Shin-Etsu Handotai Co Ltd Japan are based in Livingston, West Lothian. We manufacture high-grade silicon polished wafers of 150mm and 200mm epitaxial wafers. These wafers are used by customers in the semiconductor industry to produce a variety of devices.