Marketing Graduate - Intellidigest
Edinburgh based biotechnology start-up, IntelliDigest is looking to hire a knowledgeable and creative graduate to assist us with a market engagement project. Working directly with our CEO, you will look to establish new marketing related initiatives to help us engage more effectively with current and existing customers. This is a 12 month placement initially, with a view to a permanent role, following successful project implementation.
This is a critical project for us at our stage of growth. We need dedicated focus on growing our market potential and engaging with customers, new and existing, via relevant and interesting content and collateral. By engaging effectively with potential customers, we will aim to achieve a target of around 500 purchase orders by the end of the placement.
You will also take the lead on developing our CRM system capability.
This project will help us find new ways to grow our database and engage more effectively with our existing customer base to increase sales. It will also help us to expand our digital presence by using additional social media platforms and trialling in-app advertising to reach new audiences.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Take the lead on the planning and strategy for all things marketing
- Create and schedule posts on all our social media channels
- Creating email campaigns as well as putting in place a strategy to improve email performance
- Copywriting for adverts, blogs and web content
- Creating online campaigns where appropriate
- Responsible for audience building on all social media platforms
- Finding opportunities to connect with bloggers, magazines and related websites
- CRM development
You will be ideally qualified with a marketing or business degree. We will also be delighted to receive applications from candidates from other disciplines, providing you possess the essential skills described below.
Skills / Experience
- Understanding and appreciation for current marketing best practice, both traditional and digital
- SEO knowledge
- Great content writing skills
- Blogging experience
- Excellent IT skills
- Creative thinker with an eye for detail
- Project management experience
- Good analytical skills
- First class personal management skills
- Previous experience of a similar role, either during or post-study
As part of your ScotGrad placement, you will be able to participate in a couple of training courses mainly online, and one classroom based. The courses are themed around environmental management and quality standards and will provide you with knowledge and skills which will enhance your current and future skills.
ScotGrad placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a vast network of graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All graduates appointed through the programme are encouraged to make use of the ScotGrad LinkedIn group to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities and build up a professional network.
Planned interview date: TBC
Preferred start date: 21st January 2019
We are a biotechnology start-up company from Heriot Watt University, Edinburgh, United Kingdom. Our team is made up of academic and entrepreneurial experts from diverse background working together to deliver novel products that will enable the efficient recycling of our unavoidable biodegradable wastes.
We want to save money for our clients while helping the environment to generate high value biochemical from unavoidable food waste rather than from growing crops.
We help our customers to meet regulatory demands on efficient waste management by developing the World first autonomous, resilient and ultra-small scale organic waste digester for onsite waste recycling.