Graduate IT Process Improvement Analyst - MJD Systems
MJD Systems Ltd is an IT support company located in Spey Bay, Moray and offers clients a wide range of IT support and managed services.
There is now an excellent opportunity for a 12-month graduate placement to identify and manage a process for upgrading client operating systems.
The graduate will focus on developing processes to support clients through the upgrade of their operating systems.
Specific tasks of the placement will include:
- Analyse current processes for upgrading operating systems when they come to End of Life (EOL).
- Create a step by step process for upgrading a client ready for EOL Operating System.
- Undertake review of clients and identify those ready for EOL upgrade.
- Compile reports of all PCs/devices to be upgraded for each of the clients.
- Review the reports for upgrade requirements and formulate plans for each client based on the size and complexity of their upgrade.
- Engage with clients, through being the dedicated contact for the End of Life upgrade process.
- Ensure the new procedure is fully documented and stored appropriately.
- Evaluate future processes and procedures for improvement.
- Create a handover document.
For informal enquiries regarding this position please contact Natalie Dunscombe on 01343 610999.
This position is part funded by Highlands and Islands Enterprise and the European Regional Development Fund.
HNC, HND, Degree related to IT, Business Information Management. Other subjects accepted provided the candidate has the required skills
Skills / Experience
- Good IT knowledge and proficient in the use of Microsoft products.
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced IT environment
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Can do attitude to new challenges.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Enthusiastic team player but able to work on own initiative.
- A solution-focussed approach, that is imaginative and resourceful.
- Willingness to complete this 12-month placement.
- Customer services experience.
- Knowledge of reviewing, researching and implementing new IT systems.
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain valuable experience working for a dynamic, growing IT company. The graduate will receive relevant IT training, and any other training/development opportunities as appropriate.
Location: Spey Bay, Fochabers.
Preferred start date: 04/02/2019
Founded in 2000, MJD Systems is family run company offering a range of IT services to a large client-base throughout the North of Scotland.