E-Commerce and Digital Co-ordinator - Aberdeen International Airport
Aberdeen International Airport has a rare and exciting opportunity to join its busy and innovative Digital and Commercial team as an E-Commerce and Digital Co-ordinator. This is a 6 month placement initially.
The AGS Digital Strategy underpins the future commercial success and online customer experience for all three airports. This placement will support in the delivery of the newly-formed strategy, including but not limited to the below project outputs:
Salesforce CRM – A major project in support of the AGS digital strategy, the Salesforce CRM project has been launched to consolidate all of the airport’s data sources into one central, real-time API driven CRM system. This software (Salesforce Sales Cloud) will go on to power real-time customer segmentation and analytics, automated communications and marketing of airport products and services. The Digital resource will support on both data logic/segmentations, and the creation of communications/user journeys to be published upon the launch of the Salescloud software.
Mobile app – The mobile app for Aberdeen Airport will provide real-time flight information, push notifications, in-airport navigation and online booking facilities to app users. This key project benefits both the passenger experience and the airport from an operational and commercial perspective. The Digital resource will support this project with associated tasks such as content creation, push notification user journey planning, testing, and liaison with third party integration partners.
Website CMS migration – This project links the content management systems of Aberdeen and Glasgow Airport’s websites, and provides efficiencies in functional developments – where either airport can ‘copy and paste’ code from one site to another – and upgrades the existing functionality by moving up to the next version of the CMS. The Digital resource will be a key project team member, responsible for co-ordinating the migration of content and site assets from the old CMS to the new version. Testing and liaison with 3rd party integration partners will also be required for this project.
Digital marketing campaigns – Linked across some of the previously mentioned digital channels, the airport will be running several high-profile digital marketing campaigns in 2019 with a view to increasing awareness of the airport’s destinations and services – driving passenger numbers and online revenues. The marketing project contains both external and airport-owned channels as well as a significant media spend. The Digital resource will be a key member in supporting content creation for these campaigns across a variety of different channels, including internal and external liaison and reporting.
Fire Training Group website – Aberdeen International Airport owns The Fire Training Group, a business focussed on the training of primarily offshore industry workers in things like fire safety, confined space, and NEBOSH qualifications. In recent times, the business has experienced a dip in delegate numbers due to energy industry economic conditions. To counter this, FTG have commissioned a new website to better compete within the busy online space in this sector. The Digital resource will support the technical integration of the website, as well creating online components, imagery and other content. Ultimately the Digital resource will project manage the go-live, including technical elements such as domain name transfer, DNS updates etc.
The E-Commerce and Digital Co-ordinator will be responsible for co-ordinating the delivery of the AGS Digital Strategy.
Principally based at Aberdeen International Airport, this key member of the Commercial team will be primarily project-based, assisting with the delivery of high-profile digital projects that have impacts on both the airport and its passengers. You will be a digital specialist with commercial and customer-centric mind-set, as well as having a creative flair that can be applied to projects and content outputs.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Delivery of the AGS Digital Strategy
- Delivery of current and future digital projects such as CRM and mobile app developments
- Commercial content creation in support of digital projects and campaigns – such as emails, website, app, social media and digital/video campaigns
- Increase online revenues to primarily Aberdeen, but also where relevant/required, Glasgow and Southampton Airports.
- Building of new digital revenue streams for Aberdeen International Airport.
- Act as a key commercial team member in support of the wider Aberdeen International Airport commercial and AGS Digital teams.
- Data analysis and segmentation in support of AGS Digital Strategy and associated projects
- Support the E-Commerce and Digital Manager with any other reasonable requests in support of the digital and commercial operations of the airport.
- Degree-level qualifications in Digital, Marketing, Communications, PR or other related qualification.
Skills / Experience
- Experience using Adobe Creative Cloud, in particular Photoshop, Premier Pro, Illustrator and Dreamweaver
- Experience in working with big data, and using industry standard tools such as Google Analytics, AdWords and other business intelligence software
- Experience in working on many projects simultaneously, and having the ability to effectively prioritise workloads.
- Proven track record in creating and managing creative digital campaigns from start to finish, as well as effectively reporting on campaign performance.
- Desirable to have project management experience and ability to use project management tools such as JIRA, Trello etc.
As part of your ScotGrad placement, you will be able to participate in a couple of training courses mainly online, and one classroom based. The courses are themed around environmental management and quality standards and will provide you with knowledge and skills which will enhance your current and future skills.
ScotGrad placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a vast network of graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All graduates appointed through the programme are encouraged to make use of the ScotGrad LinkedIn group to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities and build up a professional network.
AGS Airports is the UK's second-largest airport group, serving over 15 million passengers every year and comprising of Aberdeen, Glasgow and Southampton Airports.
Aberdeen International Airport is Scotland's third-biggest airport, serving 3.1 million passengers every year, including 500,000 energy industry helicopter passengers, making it Europe's busiest commercial heliport. The airport generates over £110 million annually to the UK economy.