SEKISUI CHEMICAL CO., LTD
We are one of Japan’s leading chemical companies with over 27,000 employees operating all over the world. An industry-leading company, we have three major product areas, housing, high performance plastics and environmental products. In todays globalised world we need talented graduates like you to come and share your skills with us as we increasingly expand outside of Japan.
Our Purpose and Strategy
Our company name originates from Sun-Tzu’s book ‘The Art of War’, SEKISUI is a word that is difficult to translate into English. It roughly translates as the power and speed of a waterfall. This definition guides how we do business. We see opportunities in business to fill gaps that society needs. When we see these opportunities, we innovate and seek to create transformative products that have a positive impact on both the planet and people’s lives. This can be by creating a system that transforms garbage into ethanol or by developing a system to store rainwater and reduce the risk of flooding, here at SEKISUI we strive to help create a better world.
From our founding in Japan 72 years ago, we have grown rapidly across the globe. We have operations in Asia, Europe, Oceania, North America and South America. As we continue to expand we are looking to develop our global business people. We want young and dynamic graduates of all nationalities to join us in accelerating our global business.
What do we value?
Here at SEKISUI we place a great emphasis on teamwork and learning. We think it’s vital that employees are given the opportunities and tools to develop their skills and then help them create successful career paths. We are proud to have received rewards for our efforts in promoting diversity in the workplace. In 2018 we were honoured to receive the Nadeshiko Brand award for female empowerment as just one example of our core values. We can promise any successful candidate that they will learn so much from this role and develop many skills that will be useful in all walks of life.
What is the Role?
As an International Business Coordinator, you will have the chance to make a valuable contribution to the development of the English language and communication skills of our employees but we also want you to develop your business skills.
1st Stage: (6-12 months)
- Teach employees English language and communication skills
- Develop individual English programs for employees
- Contribute to the events organized by the HR Department
- Assist with the international recruitment process in Japan
- Learn about SEKISUI CHEMICAL and make valuable connections within the company
- Work across departments as an international ambassador to support events and communication
2nd Stage (remainder of contract)
- Work in all stages of the international recruitment process, from advertising to interview and hiring to onboarding
- Work with different departments to assist with related projects and training in English
- Work on the continuous development of language and communication in Sekisui
- Pitching your own projects to drive global growth
- Some English teaching may be required but will no longer be a primary responsibility
What we offer
Working for SEKISUI CHEMICAL will provide you with an excellent opportunity to gain global business experience in a strongly established global organization founded in Japan. SEKISUI is all about chemicals, but our people make up the winning formula for our commercial success. A full support network is in place to enable you to make the most of a range of exciting responsibilities, whilst developing your talents and business skills.
Throughout the two year contract, we will offer opportunities in the following areas:
- Attending training programs to develop and enhance business skills
- Opportunities to gain experience in different business areas by working with various corporate departments (i.e. PR, Risk Management, Business Strategy etc.)
- Dedicated time to pursue personal development in areas of interest
Intercultural Communication Skills
- Learning a new language
- Experiencing Japanese business customs and culture
- Working together with employees from across the world
Global Business Skills
- Domestic business travel inside Japan
- Opportunities to travel internationally
- Supporting global recruitment and training
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for candidates who possess the following skills, qualities and qualifications:
- Fluent English
- Educated to degree standard
- Excellent communication skills
- Major in one of the following areas: Business, Language, Media, Marketing, Education, HR
- Japanese or a second European language
- Positive and motivated outlook
- An interest in gaining international business and work experience
- Willingness to learn a new language and understand a new culture
If successful, by the end of the contract you will have the skills, confidence and unique experiences necessary to succeed in an exciting and ever evolving world of global business. So if you have the determination to steer SEKISUI as we SHIFT gears in to the next phase of global growth, don’t hesitate! Take hold of the wheel, and apply today!
Internships / placements
There are currently no vacancies on TARGETjobs. Please check back soon.
I am in charge of the global development programs for Japanese and International staff in two divisional companies. In particular, I am responsible for creating and facilitating trainings... View profile
After completing the International Business Coordinator Graduate program, I joined the Strategic Management and Policy Planning department as an HR executive. I am now part of the Global HR Team... View profile
I graduated with a Masters in Marketing in 2018 from the University of St Andrews. I have always had a passion for international business and I knew that I wanted to develop a global career and to... View profile