Graduate International Business Coordinator
Are you interested in a job accelerating globalization in an innovative Japanese multinational corporation? SEKISUI CHEMICAL Group is looking for a new graduate to join our Human Resources Department as an International Business Coordinator in line with our efforts to enhance global business communication.
With over 70 years of experience and a global network of companies, SEKISUI CHEMICAL aims to improve people’s lives by producing market leading products for the housing, social infrastructure and chemical solutions industries. Whilst operating on the fast-paced, competitive stage of global business, we are proud to combine economy and ecology to create sustainable growth: In 2019, SEKISUI CHEMICAL was selected as one of the Global Top 100 Most Sustainable Corporations for the second year running. Now, we strive to recruit people who share our vision and values and who have the motivation and initiative to help us drive our business into the next stage of global growth.
Please note: Japanese language is not a requirement for this post. You will be given weekly Japanese classes during working hours.
What we offer
Working for SEKISUI CHEMICAL will provide you with an excellent opportunity to gain global business experience in a strongly established global organization founded in Japan. SEKISUI is all about chemicals, but our people make up the winning formula for our commercial success. A full support network is in place to enable you to make the most of a range of exciting responsibilities, whilst developing your talents and business skills.
Throughout the two year contract, we will offer opportunities in the following areas:
- Attending training programs to develop and enhance business skills
- Opportunities to gain experience in different business areas by working with various corporate departments (i.e. PR, Risk Management, Business Strategy etc.)
- Dedicated time to pursue personal development in areas of interest
Intercultural Communication Skills
- Learning a new language
- Experiencing Japanese business customs and culture
- Working together with employees from across the world
Global Business Skills
- Domestic business travel inside Japan
- Opportunities to travel internationally
- Supporting global recruitment and training
What is the Role?
As an International Business Coordinator, you will have the chance to make a valuable contribution to the development of the English language and communication skills of our employees but we also want you to develop your business skills.
1st Stage: (6-12 months)
- Teach employees English language and communication skills
- Develop individual English programs for employees
- Contribute to the events organized by the HR Department
- Assist with the international recruitment process in Japan
- Learn about SEKISUI CHEMICAL and make valuable connections within the company
- Work across departments as an international ambassador to support events and communication
2nd Stage (remainder of contract)
- Work in all stages of the international recruitment process, from advertising to interview and hiring to onboarding
- Work with different departments to assist with related projects and training in English
- Work on the continuous development of language and communication in Sekisui
- Pitching your own projects to drive global growth
- Some English teaching may be required but will no longer be a primary responsibility
Remuneration and Benefits
Apart from the excellent personal and career development opportunities, we offer a benefits package tailored to provide support and the best possible experience of life and work in Japan. Some key features include:
- Assistance with Visa process
- Flights to Japan
- Optional Japanese Classes
- Competitive salary
- 18 days holiday per year plus 15 National Japanese holidays
- Studio apartment is organised and approx. 70% subsidised (you pay ￥23,100/ ~€180 per month)
- Commuting expenses
- Health Insurance
- Weekly Japanese lessons during work hours
- Subsidised staff restaurant
- Pick-up from the airport
- Support with setting up life in Japan (phone/wifi/bank account setup etc.)
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for candidates who possess the following skills, qualities and qualifications.
- Fluent English
- Educated to degree standard
- Excellent communication skills
- Major in one of the following areas: Business, Language, Media, Marketing, Education, HR
- Japanese or a second European language
- Positive and motivated outlook
- An interest in gaining international business and work experience
- Willingness to learn a new language and understand a new culture
If successful, by the end of the contract you will have the skills, confidence and unique experiences necessary to succeed in an exciting and ever evolving world of global business. So if you have the determination to steer SEKISUI as we SHIFT gears in to the next phase of global growth, don’t hesitate! Take the next step in your global career and come join us in Tokyo!