Technical Leadership Programme - Engineering
This programme with Severn Trent, allows you to take engineering in the direction you want; whether that’s tackling a secondment to develop your asset design skills or getting a greater exposure to our business leadership projects. You’ll also have a chance to work on major projects with our senior engineers. This is Fluid Thinking in engineering.
Where we’ll take you
You’ll need to respond to new pressures on resources and the environment, finding smarter
ways to supply our network and adopting new greener technology to support our operations. You’ll not only be impacting the lives of people today, but for generations to come.
What you’ll be doing
We’re building a lasting water legacy, making the connection between Victorian infrastructure and the networks of the future, and earning the trust of millions of people, across the UK. To do that, we’re investing in new systems and programmes of work, and upgrading our sites and assets. As an Engineer, you’ll be the driving force behind those initiatives.
- Work on a wide range of projects, from asset design to strategic planning
- Experience a variety of on-site environments
- Be trusted to deliver large-scale projects early-on
- Pursue Chartered Engineer status
- Receive extensive training, from Design and Construction to Management Regulations
What we’re looking for
To help us achieve our vision, we want people who are willing to learn and able to work with people from across our business. For these placements, you’ll need to:
- Be working towards an accredited Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical or Civil Engineering degree
- Show initiative and confidence, with the ability to find solutions to complex problems
- Know how to think strategically and establish strong relationships
- Be able to travel to different locations
Recruiting from 11th Sept to ongoing. Early applicants recommended.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!