Undergraduate Engineering Summer Year Placement
What you’ll be doing
Our 12-week Summer or 48-week Year-long Placement will show you fluid thinking in action, as you work alongside highly-experienced Engineers, Technical Experts and Business Leaders, with the ability to approach complex challenges from multiple angles. At the same time, you’ll:
- Establish our legacy by preserving and adding to our unique Victorian infrastructure
- Participate in life-changing programmes of work that effect thousands of people, every day
- Support and manage your own projects
- Collaborate with consultants and contractors from across the business
- Be mentored by our experts on a daily basis
Where we’ll take you
Whether you’re with us for twelve weeks or forty-eight, you’ll be at the centre of an ambitious asset rebuild, where you’ll confront issues like an
increasingly volatile climate or growing urbanisation. Wherever you choose to go next you’ll have gained a breadth of knowledge, skill and insight that’ll enable you to overcome a wide range of professional challenges. If you enjoy your experience with us and you’re completing your final year of study – or have already obtained your Undergraduate degree – you’ll also be eligible to apply for our Graduate Engineering Programme.
That’s a Fluid Thinking placement.
What we’re looking for
To help us achieve our vision, we want people who are willing to learn and able to work with people from across our business. For these placements, you’ll need to:
- Be working towards an accredited Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical or Civil Engineering degree
- Show initiative and confidence, with the ability to find solutions to complex problems
- Know how to think strategically and establish strong relationships
- Be able to travel to different locations
Recruiting from 11th Sept to ongoing. Early applicants recommended.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!