UNDERGRADUATE FINANCE SUMMER PLACEMENT
What you’ll be doing
This twelve-week placement will place you at the heart of our FTSE 100 organisation, as we tackle one of the biggest transformations our business - and our industry – has ever seen. You’ll be more than a spectator, working side-by side as a colleague on live projects. You’ll confront the challenges that deregulation, increased investment and a growing customer base bring to our business. You’ll be mentored by our financial experts and with
operational leaders to understand costs and how to create savings. The pace of change in the water industry is increasing and driven by new markets
opening up, a shifting climate and the growth of towns and cities – we’re looking for talented people who can be proactive. Use Fluid Thinking and help keep us keep up with the current.
Where we’ll take you
Our Summer Placement isn’t just a window into our world – it’s a gateway into a career at Severn Trent. At the conclusion of the placement, you can expect to have:
- Learned about our different financial functions in-depth
- Gained practical experience in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Worked on a diverse selection of projects and made a substantive contribution to their outcome
- Have taken the first steps towards becoming a Chartered Accountant
- Be considered for a permanent position
What we’re looking for
With new markets opening up, a shifting climate and increasing urbanisation, the pace of change in the water industry is increasing rapidly – we’re looking for people who can be proactive, think fluid and help us keep up with the current. You’ll need to be:
- Working towards a degree, in any discipline
- Comfortable communicating with non-finance professionals and telling stories through numbers
- Able to digest information and use it to make effective business decisions
- Curious and analytical with a passion for finance
Recruiting from 11th Sept to ongoing. Early applicants recommended.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!