Engineering - Undergraduate Year Placement
Dates: July 2018 – August 2019
Discover our history. Change our future.
These placements will show you how we do it. Here as an Undergraduate Engineer, you’ll help us to design and build infrastructure and solutions that will leave a lasting legacy – and change lives in the process.
What you'll be doing
Our minimum 48-week Year-long Placement will show you fluid thinking in action, as you work alongside highly-experienced Engineers, Technical Experts and Business Leaders, with the ability to approach complex challenges from multiple angles. At the same time, you’ll:
- Establish our legacy by preserving and adding to our unique Victorian infrastructure
- Participate in life-changing programmes of work that effect thousands of people, every day
- Support and manage your own projects
- Collaborate with consultants and contractors from across the business
- Be mentored by our experts on a daily basis
Where we'll take you
Over forty-eight weeks these placements will put you at the heart of an ambitious asset rebuild, where you’ll confront issues like an increasingly volatile climate and growing urbanisation. Wherever you choose to go next, you’ll have gained a breadth of knowledge, skills and insight that will enable you to overcome a wide range of professional challenges.
If you enjoy your experience with us, and you’re completing your final year of study – or have already obtained your Undergraduate degree – you’ll also be eligible to apply for our Graduate Engineering Programme.
What we're looking for
To help us achieve our vision, we want people who are willing to learn and able to work with people from across our business. For these placements, you’ll need to:
- Be working towards an accredited Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical or Civil Engineering degree
- Show initiative and confidence, with the ability to find solutions to complex problems
- Know how to think strategically and establish strong relationships
- Be able to travel to different locations
Thank you for your interest in our Undergraduate Year Placement - Engineering programme. Due to the high interest surrounding these roles, we are now closed for new applications from Chemical Engineers our 2018 roles.
However, we are still accepting applications from all other engineering disciplines at this time.