Technical Leadership - Engineering
We’re building a lasting water legacy, making the connection between Victorian infrastructure and the networks of the future, and earning the trust of millions of people, across the UK. To do that, we’re investing in new systems and programmes of work, and upgrading our sites and assets. As an Engineer, you’ll be the driving force behind those initiatives.
- Work on a wide range of projects, from asset design to strategic planning
- Experience a variety of on-site environments
- Be trusted to deliver large-scale projects early-on
- Pursue Chartered Engineer status
- Receive extensive training, from Design and Construction to Management Regulations
The future’s fluid and it’s there to be shaped. We’re using fluid thinking to respond to new pressures on resources and the environment, finding smarter ways to supply our network and adopting greener technology to support our operations. Here, you won’t just impact the lives of people today – the work you do will have serious implications for generations to come.
What you'll be doing
Turn your interests into expertise
At Severn Trent, you can take engineering in the direction you want, whether that’s tackling a secondment that develops your asset design skills or getting more exposure to our Business Leadership projects. You’ll also have the chance to work on major projects with our Senior Engineers. Here are examples of work our Graduates have recently been involved in:
- Flood alleviation and mitigation
- Managing the safety of dams and reservoirs
- Using telemetry to create early warning systems
- Designing new interfaces for our treatment works
- Solving pollution problems and implementing solutions on-site
- Running a number of operational sites simultaneously
These projects will allow you develop the technical expertise, experience and abilities you need to pursue Chartered Engineer status, as part of a clear progression path towards becoming a future leader of our organisation.
Do something that matters
We’re committed to developing young talent within our organisation. Our aim is to turn those individuals into the team and Business Leaders of the future. That means that you’ll be doing substantive work on major projects, from the get-go. As a result, you’ll have the chance to shape the lives of thousands – and, in some cases, millions – of people, from ensuring public health to improving the quality of the environment. You’ll also have the opportunity to go on site-based placements and complete secondments, which will support you as you work towards chartered status.
Where we'll take you
Every secondment and operational placement you’re involved in will focus on developing the key skills and experience you need to become a Chartered Engineer. At the same time, you’ll have the opportunity to move towards a position as a Senior Engineer. At this stage, you’ll be leading your own teams, across a wide range of different projects.
As time goes on, you’ll play an increasingly large role in delivering our strategy for 2020, creating a more connected, sustainable and competitive service. If you want to stay at the forefront of engineering innovation, we can put you there. And, in such a rapidly changing industry, that journey could take you almost anywhere.
What we're looking for
- An accredited Mechanical, Electrical or Civil Engineering degree, with any grade qualification
- A customer focus with the determination to make a difference
- Initiative and confidence to share new solutions to complex problems
- Excellent judgement when making strategic decisions
- Ability to build strong business relationships
- Flexibility to travel between locations
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!