Graduate Programme in HR
Do you have the passion, the creativity and the drive to bring HR projects to life? With more than 90,000 employees across 70 counties committed to tackling the world’s energy challenges we place a high value on human ingenuity. It’s therefore vital that our people are at the heart of our business.
“My very first role gave me the chance to design innovative teaching options from within the Learning team. My time here has been rich with amazing experiences” - Nevena, Learning & Strategy Advisor, Shell Graduate Programme in HR
Your Graduate Programme in HR
The scale of our business operations means that our HR teams deliver solutions for some of the most complex HR challenges. We’re looking for graduates with a commitment to collaboration and a love of problem solving to join our UK HR team.
On the HR Gradaute Programme you’ll work with world-leading professionals in HR. We will provide you with a three-year structured programme. You’ll receive a comprehensive overview of the HR department’s critical processes, as well as formal training in subjects such as Business Partnering and Organisational Effectiveness.
You can expect to receive world-class coaching, invaluable mentoring, formal structured training and regular in-depth progress checks to ensure you’re on track to reaching your potential. Staff networks, including Energie (a UK network for recent graduates), provide a wide range of social events and access to colleagues from across the business at all levels.
During your three-year training programme you’ll undertake two 18-month job rotations, benefiting from opportunities to work on real projects that influence the way Shell’s HR team delivers professional excellence worldwide. Typical rotation roles include:
- HR Advisor/Analyst
- Policy Advisor
- Remuneration and Benefits Specialist
- Talent Advisor
- Graduate Recruiter, University Relations
Your rewards and benefits include
- The opportunity to work on global projects with external partners
- A structured development programme, highly valued across the industry
- Working for a globally recognized brand tackling globally significant challenges
- Excellent flexibility and work-life balance
- A minimum starting salary of £32,500 and opportunity for rapid progression
- Supported CIPD qualification
The HR graduate programme particularly suits graduates of Human Resources, Law, Business Administration, Industrial Relations, International Relations, Psychology, Other Humanities, Social Sciences or Strategic Management
The application process for our graduate programmes is rigorous, but is designed to enable the most talented graduates to stand out. After submitting an online application, you will be invited to complete our online assessments. Successful candidates are invited to a telephone interview. The final assessment takes the form of a Shell Recruitment Day* at which around six candidates participate in both individual and group exercises.
Through this process we will be assessing candidates’:
- Capacity – the intellectual ability to analyse and apply unfamiliar information to complex situations.
- Achievement – the ability to identify and manage resources in order to deliver results.
- Relationship-building – the ability to work within, and lead, diverse teams
*An Assessed Internship is an alternative final assessment option for penultimate year students.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!