Graduate Programme: Wells Engineering
Growing energy needs are the world’s biggest challenge. To solve this in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible we need remarkable problem solvers, keen to make their impact. Engineers and scientists able to collaborate, push boundaries, think creatively and commercially.
“I got a real sense that I was ready to add true value to projects that have a significant bearing on Shell’s global operations.”- Floris, Completion and Wells Intervention Engineer, Graduate Programme
Do you have a passion to bring to life projects that will impact on the future of energy? As one of the most innovative companies in the world, we offer the chance to join our technical teams taking this journey of discovery, pushing boundaries and exploring frontiers as we go.
Our Programme in Wells Engineering:
Starting an Engineering career with Shell will immerse you in a positively challenging working environment. To succeed you’ll need a high degree of technical competency, passion for the industry and a collaborative work ethic. Working in one of Shell’s most influential sectors, Wells Engineering, you’ll deliver critical support for our global exploration and development drive, as well as supporting our efforts to achieve a sustainable energy future.
Given the vast influence of Wells Engineering, you could contribute to a variety of operational areas, such as:
- Completions and Wells Engineering
- HSSE Principles
- Well Design
- Well Economics
- Wells Contract Management
- Well Site Engineering
And take on responsibilities including
- Optimising well construction, maintenance and abandonment operations
- Subsurface data gathering
- Testing and monitoring well flow
- Engineering of well intervention activities
You will join a structured two to three-year learning programme that will ensure you have the skills and experience needed to enable you to become a future company thought-leader and an essential part of Shell’s delivery of global operational excellence.
First-hand involvement on cutting-edge projects places pioneering graduates like you in challenging positions so you can make your mark within your team and the organisation as a whole. Throughout your journey on the Programme some of the best operating teams and engineers in the business will dedicate themselves to helping you develop your skills and propel your career.
You can expect to receive world-class coaching, invaluable mentoring, formal structured training and regular in-depth progress checks to ensure you’re on track to reaching your potential. Staff networks, including Energie (a UK network for recent graduates), provide a wide range of social events and access to colleagues from across the business at all levels.
Rewards and benefits include
- The opportunity to work on global projects with external partners
- A structured development programme, highly valued across the industry
- Working for a globally recognized brand tackling globally significant challenges
- Excellent flexibility and work-life balance
- A minimum starting salary of £32,500 and opportunity for rapid progression
Wells Engineering suits graduates of:
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Applied Physics
- Basin Modelling
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Earth Sciences
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Process Engineering
- Wells Engineering
The application process for our graduate programmes is rigorous, but is designed to enable the most talented graduates to stand out. After submitting an online application, you will be invited to complete our online assessments. Successful candidates are invited to a telephone interview. The final assessment takes the form of a Shell Recruitment Day* at which around six candidates participate in both individual and group exercises.
Through this process we will be assessing candidates’:
- Capacity – the intellectual ability to analyse and apply unfamiliar information to complex situations.
- Achievement – the ability to identify and manage resources in order to deliver results.
- Relationship-building – the ability to work within, and lead, diverse teams
- And, for Technical candidates, Technical expertise.
*An Assessed Internship is an alternative final assessment option for penultimate year students.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!