Graduate Programme: Production Engineering - Logistics
Growing energy needs are the world’s biggest challenge. To solve this in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible we need remarkable problem solvers, keen to make their impact. Engineers and scientists able to collaborate, push boundaries, think creatively and commercially.
“People are passionate about what they do. I also like Shell’s dynamic work environment. You work together as a team with people from all different disciplines to resolve any challenge.”
– Maria, Electrical Maintenance Engineer, Shell Technical Graduate Programme.
Do you have a passion to bring to life projects that will impact on the future of energy? As one of the most innovative companies in the world, we offer the chance to join our technical teams taking this journey of discovery, pushing boundaries and exploring frontiers as we go.
Our Programme in Logistics
With operations across all continents, Logistics supports Shell operations in Upstream Production, Projects and Wells. Logistics specialists are responsible for delivering safe, reliable and cost-efficient logistics services that efficiently and safely move people and materials via Sea, Air, Road, Rail. You will also be involved in the provision of fields services in supply bases, waste management, emergency responses and oil spill logistics services.
The Shell Graduate Programme is a rigorous development framework of specific competences and business-critical capabilities globally standardised by each technical discipline. This competence-driven approach enables you to become a fully independent Logistics professional in 2-3 years.
First-hand involvement on cutting-edge projects places pioneering graduates like you in challenging positions so you can make your mark within your team and the organisation as a whole. Throughout your journey on the Programme some of the best operating teams and engineers in the business will dedicate themselves to helping you develop your skills and propel your career.
You can expect to receive world-class coaching, invaluable mentoring, formal structured training and regular in-depth progress checks to ensure you’re on track to reaching your potential. Staff networks, including the worldwide Future Logistics Leaders Network (FLLN) for graduates and young professionals, will give you access to social events and colleagues around the world and provide visibility & exposure with the Global Logistics Leadership Team.
Rewards and benefits include:
- The opportunity to work on global projects with direct contact with Upstream Operations, Global Projects and Wells, plus interaction with external strategic partners
- A structured development programme, highly valued across the industry
- Working for a globally recognized brand tackling globally significant challenges
- Excellent flexibility and work-life balance
- Formal learning modules complemented with cross-business courses in Contracting & Procurement and HSSE.
- A minimum starting salary of £32,500 and opportunity for rapid progression
Logistics suits graduates of:
- Integrated Supply Chains related study
- Engineering degrees with Logistics\Supply Chain exposure
- Other degree courses as long as an interest in the Logistics field is reflected in your CV
The application process for our graduate programmes is rigorous, but is designed to enable the most talented graduates to stand out. After submitting an online application, you will be invited to complete our online assessments. Successful candidates are invited to a telephone interview. The final assessment takes the form of a Shell Recruitment Day at which around six candidates participate in both individual and group exercises.
Through this process we will be assessing candidates’:
- Capacity – the intellectual ability to analyse and apply unfamiliar information to complex situations.
- Achievement – the ability to identify and manage resources in order to deliver results.
- Relationship-building – the ability to work within, and lead, diverse teams
- And, for Technical candidates, technical expertise in Logistics \ Transportation \ Integrated Supply Chain.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!