Assessed Internships: Business Technology
Growing energy need is the world’s biggest challenge. To solve this in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible we need remarkable problem solvers, keen to make their impact. Our Corporate teams are equal partners with our Engineers and Scientists in terms of delivering excellent customer service, collaboration and commercial awareness.
“When you’re involved in a big project you start to talk about making change. The work I do makes a difference to our organisation and customers – it’s visible.” – Yongqin Du, Shell UK Graduate from the Business Technology Programme
Do you have the passion and creativity to bring to life projects that will enable us to pursue the future of energy responsibly?
We’re looking for remarkable problem solvers to join us on this exciting journey of discovery, pushing boundaries and exploring frontiers as we go.
The Assessed Internships we offer in our in corporate functions can lead to a potential place on our Graduate Programme. They also provide an opportunity to find out what it’s like to work in some of the biggest and most innovative departments of their kind, in an industry that impacts directly on the future of our planet.
Your Assessed Internships:
Lasting typically twelve weeks but sometimes as long as twelve months, our internships involve you in live projects specifically matched to your interests and abilities. This is not just work experience – this is working for Shell, in real teams, alongside true professionals. You receive regular and structured performance evaluation from your mentor and direct supervisor, and find out what the energy industry is really like, from the inside.
- Working on Shell’s cyber security, protecting our payment solutions across over 40,000 retail stations
- Reviewing SaaS systems within our Commercial divisions
- Implementing and supporting apps on smart devices for clients/employees
Your rewards and benefits include:
- A real project with a significant level of business impact
- A structured programme designed to provide opportunities for learning
- Working for a globally recognized brand tackling globally significant challenges
- Comprehensive Financial Rewards and on site facilities
You should be studying towards a Bachelors Master’s degree and in your penultimate year of study, graduating in 2019.
- Our current vacancies suit graduates with Business, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Programming related studies.
- You do not need to have any Technical experience but an interest in Technology and entrepreneurial activities are desirable.
- The initial rotation on the programme will be based in London
Apply online and select “IT” as your preferred first Area of Interest.
The application process for our graduate programmes is rigorous, but is designed to enable the most talented graduates to stand out. After submitting an online application, you will be invited to complete our online assessments and our on demand video interview. Successful candidates will be invited to final stage of the selection process in a virtual assessment. This stage includes a live virtual case study session with two Shell employees who will host the discussion. You will be assigned a topic relating to an aspect of your case, and then asked to prepare a presentation.
Through this process we will be assessing candidates’:
- Capacity – the intellectual ability to analyse and apply unfamiliar information to complex situations;
- Achievement – the ability to identify and manage resources in order to deliver results;
- Relationship-building – the ability to work within, and lead, diverse teams
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!