Shell Graduate Programme UK – Geomatics
Growing energy needs are the world’s biggest challenge. To solve this in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible we need remarkable problem solvers, keen to make their impact. Engineers and scientists able to collaborate, push boundaries, think creatively and commercially.
“People are passionate about what they do. I also like Shell’s dynamic work environment. You work together as a team with people from all different disciplines to resolve any challenge.”
– Maria, Shell Technical Graduate Programme.
Do you have a passion to bring to life projects that will impact on the future of energy? As one of the most innovative companies in the world, we offer the chance to join our technical teams taking this journey of discovery, pushing boundaries and exploring frontiers as we go.
Our Programme in Geomatics:
A career in Geomatics means you will make critical contributions to Shell’s global Upstream business, and join a team of around 300 professionals spanning 23 countries. Geomatics leverages the value of geo-information to support many of Shell’s highest priority projects across the entire Upstream lifecycle. It includes the fields of onshore and offshore surveying, geo-information management analysis and mapping using Geographical Information System (GIS) software, on and offshore positioning, geodesy and remote sensing.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Upstream project start-up and execution
- Offshore and onshore surveying and positioning – collecting geo-information
- Using satellite and aerial remote sensing for geo-information acquisition and analysis
- Deformation monitoring and geodetic analysis
- Maintaining spatial data integrity of geo-information
- Geo-information management – using GIS and cartography to collect, analyse and present geo-information
- Incident preparedness and response
You can expect to receive world-class coaching, invaluable mentoring, formal structured training and regular in-depth progress checks to ensure you’re on track to reaching your potential. Staff networks (including Energie – a UK network for recent graduates) give you access to a wide range of social events and colleagues from across the business at all levels.
Rewards and benefits include:
- The opportunity to work on global projects with external partners
- A structured development programme, highly valued across the industry
- Working for a globally recognized brand tackling globally significant challenges
- Excellent flexibility and work-life balance
- A competitive starting salary and opportunity for rapid progression
- This programme particular suits graduates with a Masters in geosciences, petroleum or an Earth Sciences related degree. Experience with Big data or IT would be advantageous and interest working with data should be reflected in the CV.
The application process for our graduate programmes is rigorous, but is designed to enable the most talented graduates to stand out. After submitting an online application, you will be invited to complete our online assessments and our on demand interview. Successful candidates will be invited to final stage of the selection process in a virtual assessment. This virtual assessment consists of two parts: a case study for which you will be asked to prepare a presentation (the case study will be shared with you in advance); and an interview, where you will have the chance to get to know us, and we can get to know you. To make the interview process more convenient and comfortable, we are leveraging the latest digital technology to bring the experience to you, wherever you may be.
Through this process we will be assessing candidates’:
- Capacity – the intellectual ability to analyse and apply unfamiliar information to complex situations;
- Achievement – the ability to identify and manage resources in order to deliver results;
- Relationship-building – the ability to work within, and lead, diverse teams