Shell Graduate Programme – Business, IT & Finance
Growing energy need is the world’s biggest challenge. To solve this in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible we need remarkable problem solvers, keen to make their impact. Our Corporate teams are equal partners with our Engineers and Scientists in terms of delivering excellent customer service, collaboration and commercial awareness.
“When you’re involved in a big project you start to talk about making change. The work I do makes a difference to our organisation and customers – it’s visible.”
– Yongqin Du, Shell UK Graduate from the Business Technology Programme
Your Graduate Programme:
You’ll join friendly and supportive teams where you will collaborate with world-leading professionals. Your curiosity and problem solving skills will be applied to projects that will impact on the future of energy. You can chose from Graduate Programmes in Corporate Functions such as:
- Business Technology
In each area you can expect to receive world-class coaching, invaluable mentoring, formal structured training and regular in-depth progress checks to ensure you’re on track to reaching your potential. Staff networks, including Energie (a UK network for recent graduates), provide a wide range of social events and access to colleagues from across the business at all levels.
Working across two 18-month rotations will provide you with on-the-job insight into various teams within your chosen function. Your responsibilities could include implementing global projects, providing country reports, developing proposals to improve processes or managing external suppliers.
Typical starting roles include:
Within Business Technology:
- Business Analyst
- Data Manager
- IT Architect
- Project Manager
- Service Delivery Manager
- HR Advisor/Analyst
- Policy Advisor
- Remuneration and Benefits Specialist
- Talent Advisor
- Graduate Recruiter, University Relations
- Finance Analyst
- Finance Controller
- Finance Manager
Your rewards and benefits include:
- The opportunity to work on global projects with external partners
- A structured development programme, highly valued across the industry
- Working for a globally recognized brand tackling globally significant challenges
- Excellent flexibility and work-life balance
- A competitive starting salary and opportunity for rapid progression
The Corporate Functions Programmes suits graduates from a wide range of Humanities, Social Sciences, Business and Engineering courses. For Finance evidence of good numerical acumen is required, and for Business Technology candidates’ CVs should show a strong interest in technology.
The application process for our graduate programmes is rigorous, but is designed to enable the most talented graduates to stand out. After submitting an online application, you will be invited to complete our online assessments. Successful candidates are invited to a telephone interview. The final assessment takes the form of a Shell Recruitment Day at which around six candidates participate in both individual and group exercises.
Through this process we will be assessing candidates’:
- Capacity – the intellectual ability to analyse and apply unfamiliar information to complex situations;
- Achievement – the ability to identify and manage resources in order to deliver results;
- Relationship-building – the ability to work within, and lead, diverse teams;