Graduate Electrical Engineer
How do you shape the future through engineering? We’re looking for the makers of tomorrow. The talented Engineer graduates ready to help Siemens shape entire industries, cities and even countries.
Join us on our Graduate Programme to get to know us from the inside, develop your natural talents on the job – and work at the cutting edge of engineering.
Work closely with your mentor to draw up a personal development plan that lets your skills shine – while getting to know our business and our impact on society through a variety of hands-on assignments. The end goal? To equip yourself for a move into a responsible engineering role.
- You’ll get to sharpen your skills across a wide range of training modules, including Project Management
- Get to grips with your designated business unit, including its goals, vision, services, customers and supply chain
- Roll your sleeves up on both technical and non-technical work placements
- Demonstrate your progress and learning so you can start building your profile within our company
- Seek out opportunities that will push you to strengthen your skills and enhance your knowledge
Here’s what it takes to join some of the world’s brightest minds. You:
- Have graduated or are about to graduate with a degree in an Engineering discipline. We are particularly looking forward to receiving applications from students studying the following engineering courses at University: Electrical, Electronic, Software, Computer Science, Communications, Avionics or Mechatronics.
- Are flexible, know how to connect with others and pride yourself on bringing positive, ideas to the team
- Enjoy jumping in and, with support from us, feel comfortable taking responsibility for tasks and projects you’ve been assigned
- Know how to manage your own time and adapt to change
- Want to succeed, aspire to excellence, and think outside the box
- Get along with people from different cultures, and are excited by the prospect of a career in engineering that can take you all over the world
Our graduate roles could take you anywhere in the UK, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, we’ll open the doors to the latest cutting-edge technologies – and give you the opportunity to use your skills and experience in an exciting real-world environment.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds building the future, one day at a time. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow. As a Graduate Electrical Engineer you would work for one of our eight UK divisions and could be involved in a variety of interesting projects such as:
- Designing the automation systems that will help 24 trains an hour efficiently move through the central section of London’s Thameslink project.
- Commissioning an integrated security system on a large scale infrastructure project.
- Maintaining the mechanical systems on one of our new Class 707 Desiro trains.
- Investigating of how to improve the performance of a production line at our world class MRI manufacturing facility in Oxford.
- Working closely with a customer to develop a bespoke integrated automation system for a fast moving consumer goods (FCMG) factory.
- Participating in a multidisciplinary team to plan the development of a high-voltage direct current (HVDC) transmission system via subsea cable.
- Visiting a customer site to supervise the servicing of a Siemens 50MW gas turbine system.
- Developing cutting edge software solutions driverless car infrastructure project.
To get the ball rolling, visit siemens.co.uk/careers, search for Job ID 244501 and join our 2017 Graduate Electrical Engineer Talent Pool. You will then be sent notifications of our confirmed 2017 Graduate Engineering opportunities which will enable you to make an application for the roles that you would like to be considered for.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!