Software Engineering Academy Graduate Programme - DevOps Engineer
We're part of Europe's leading entertainment and communications business. With over 22 million customers across five countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It's a genuine team effort. That's why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
Our Software Engineering teams cover web, mobile and internet TV. Developing key websites, such as Sky.com, Sky News etc. and our leading products such as NOW TV and Sky Q. This means that you could be working on products which you could perhaps have in your home, see advertised or used by millions of our customers. Join us as a Graduate DevOps Engineer and you'll be part of the team that continually delivers brilliant results, the right way.
As a valued employee of Sky, you'll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme and private health care. Plus, there's a great range of other benefits to fit around your needs too.
How does the programme work?
On this revolutionary 7-month programme, four weeks' DevOps training will give you a complete grounding in software engineering, deployment and fundamental skills to be a Software DevOps Engineering professional. We'll then support you to work on real life educational projects to develop and embed your skills from all over technology for the next six months. Once the programme ends, you'll move into our Delivery team that provides a wide range of support and deployment related activities to all development, QA, and release management teams.
After your training you will work in one of the below roles within Enterprise Engineering which was established to deliver strategy, architecture, design and engineering across Sky's Enterprise technology set. You will work with the UK Tech team to deliver technology plans to reduce cost, improve customer experience, enhance service availability, tighten security and support Sky's growth.
Network Content Protection Analyst
The role is to develop and execute world-leading innovative approaches to combating piracy. You?ll work on providing feedback during events, programming of support systems, in-depth technical investigations and big data analysis to engagement with third parties.
Graduate DevOps Engineer
You will join as a DevOps/infrastructure/Linux Engineer in our expanding cloud engineering team to help us build Kubernetes / Container platforms and their underlying infrastructure.
Enterprise Network Automation Graduate
In this role programming skills and networking knowledge are used to make Sky?s diverse and deep network easier to consume by building automations that support the whole lifecycle from change to support.
Enterprise Network Implementation Graduate
In this role you'll be working in the network implementation team that enables a multitude of services to run across Sky's diverse and deep network.
Your key responsibilities
- Graduates on this programme will ensure software is delivered to an excellent standard within a busy agile team, where quality is the highest priority. This could include:
- Delivery and support of software products across Sky?s Software Engineering department.
- Work aside software professionals to create high quality testable software products which will be customer facing and often delivered under tight timescales using Agile delivery principles.
- Work as part of the team that provides a wide range of support and deployment related activities to all development, QA, and release management teams.
- Support the planning, execution and integration of services into a complex data centre and network environment in an efficient, secure, scalable, reliable and cost effective manner.
- You'll need to have or be on track to complete an undergraduate degree in any discipline.
- You'll love all aspects of technology and have the ability to develop scripted software in a modern day language.
- You'll possess core software engineering skills
- You'll have experience in developing software applications using modern day web languages either at university or commercially
- Ideally, you would have some knowledge of pipeline automation and deployment frameworks such as Jenkins, Puppet and VMware automation and hands-on experience of cloud-related technologies.
- Ideally have knowledge of Agile methodologies and presentation skills
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!