Trainee Chartered Accountant - Dublin
At Smith & Williamson we recruit high calibre people with the skills, knowledge and commitment to meet the demands of the business. The successful individual will join a three year structured training programme combining practical experience with technical studies for the CA qualification.
The Trainee Chartered Accountant role equips you to provide a range of assurance and business services to a diverse client base ranging from small businesses and start-ups to substantial international groups.
This means you will quickly gain broad experience in the following:
Technical – on-the-job training and studying towards your professional qualification will enable you to gain a full understanding of the technical aspects of audit and accountancy and additional financial advisory services.
- Develop an understanding of our clients and their businesses
- Complete audit programmes and form conclusions on each individual test and section completed
- Highlight issues and problems for the attention of senior management
- Become familiar with our audit software
- Resolve queries whether of an audit or accountancy nature
- Attend a range of internal training sessions including industry experience and soft skills
- Work as part of a team to undertake a variety of audit and accountancy tasks for our diverse client base
- Understand from your manager the scope of tasks allocated and objectives to be achieved
- Keep seniors and managers fully informed of any issues and problems, ensure work is completed to a level agreed with the manager and record clearly and concisely work done
- Prioritising tasks whilst monitoring time against budget
- Support department events and procedures and build relationships within Smith & Williamson
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be committed and motivated to studying towards the CA qualification with Chartered Accountants Ireland (CAI) to become a chartered accountant
- Be able to deliver first class client service and work effectively as part of a team
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- Have a high level of general commercial awareness
- expected 2.1 honours degree or higher (in any discipline)
- 400 CAO points (equivalent to 300 UCAS points)
- a grade B or above in higher level leaving certificate (or equivalent) Maths or English