Private Client Tax Intern
At Smith & Williamson we recruit high calibre people with the skills, knowledge and commitment to meet the demands of the business.
Our Private Client Tax Services team help individuals from all walks of life with their tax issues. With over 6,000 private tax clients and 1,500 trusts, our client base is incredibly diverse. Today, we provide services to high-net-worth individuals, non-domiciled individuals, landed estates, trusts and professional practices.
We are committed to providing the highest standards of service based on long-term, director-led client relationships. We strive to provide imaginative yet pragmatic advice and solutions, derived from a thorough understanding of our clients' needs. This is made possible by the quality of our people and our depth of expertise at all levels.
The summer internship programme is a six week programme designed for penultimate year undergraduate students and is a fantastic opportunity to gain an insight into working at Smith & Williamson.
Your internship will provide you with plenty of opportunities to experience the type of work that our graduates carry out on a day to day basis; you could be attending meetings with partners or assisting with research projects. There will be a wide variety of work for you to do, and an opportunity for you to be a real part of the department you join. Some of your duties may include:
- Assisting with the preparation of Repayment Claim Forms and basic Tax Returns for individuals/ trusts and partnerships
- Dealing with correspondence from clients/HMRC and other third parties
- Billing clients in a timely manner
- Setting up new clients and dealing with the disengagement of departing clients
- Other ad hoc administrative tasks
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be able to deliver first class client service and work effectively as part of a team
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- Have a high level of general commercial awareness
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!