Mechanical Engineering Graduate Scheme 2019 - Aerospace, Defence, Security & Technology
Joining SNC- Lavalin Atkins on our Aerospace, Defence, Security and Technology (ADS&T) Division will mean you that you are able to work with teams across mission critical industries, to contribute to the security and resilience of the nation, or to exploit advanced technology to help clients to not only meet, but embrace these exciting times. They work with leading names to transform the future of aerospace engineering and create lighter, quieter and more fuel-efficient aircrafts. The security team is trusted by organisations to help them understand the threats they are facing and develop the strategies to counter them.
At SNC- Lavalin Atkins we offer a world of opportunities from the projects you’ll work on to the directions you can take your career. Whilst our continuous mentoring, on the job learning and training will help you achieve professional registration and develop industry skills that are highly sought after.
Our Aerospace, Defence, Security and Technology (ADS&T) team works on all kinds of ground breaking projects from submarines to aircraft to cyber security.
Our clients across the Aerospace, Defence and Security sectors represent some of the biggest names in the UK’s fastest moving industries. Each of them faces an exciting future with potential disruption, threats and opportunities resulting from the convergence of the physical and digital worlds.
What you’ll be doing
Mechanical, aerospace or systems engineering; advanced materials, finite element analysis, design or software – whatever your passion you will be joining a high-end engineering team working on ground breaking projects.
Within the team, you could be expected to travel across the UK working on projects including aircraft design and future defence projects. Working across design, systems engineering and structural analysis, we are looking for people who are digitally equipped to face the future needs of the market.
We will invest in your training and development, through inductions and targeted individual training plans. We are looking for people who are keen to diversify and adapt in an ever-changing environment. By joining a global company with opportunities across different businesses you truly can shape your future, aim high and achieve great things. We encourage our graduates to continue to inspire future talent through joining our well-established STEM ambassadors. You can help support the business through developing new innovative ways of working and will be supported in maximising your potential at every opportunity.
Where you’ll be based
You will be able to select either Aldershot, Bristol, Glasgow or Silchester as your home office (please be aware that Glasgow and Silchester only accept Mechanical/Aerospace Engineers) and you will be required to be UK mobile based on project requirements.
Who we’re looking for
Graduates with a predicted 2:1 or above (Masters) in any of the following disciplines:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Marine/Naval Engineering
- General Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Systems Engineering.
As well as key disciplines, other key traits we’re looking for:
- Proactive working on your own initiative and as part of multidisciplinary inclusive teams.
- A good communicator who can collaborate with a variety of colleagues and become a trusted customer adviser.
- A lateral thinker who can apply technical knowledge to analyse problems, create innovative solutions and isn’t afraid to push boundaries.
- Not afraid to show initiative or ask for guidance when you need it.
- You must be customer focused and commercially aware with a strong attention to detail.
- Vision, inclusion and drive to keep on learning.
The prestigious Graduate Development Scheme has historically recruited 300 graduates consecutively in the last five years UK wide across SNC- Lavalin’s Atkins and Faithful + Gould. However, with the growth and changes this year we have seen monumental growth, meaning we will recruit and bring onboard 500+ Graduates through our Graduate Development Scheme (2019), making our graduate community ever growing.
Rewards and Benefits
Some of our benefits, to name a few, include;
- A settling in payment of £2,500 when you join – paid within the first month
- Continuous support and mentoring to achieve chartered status with your chosen institution, funded by Atkins. With a chartership/accreditation bonus of £2,500 once attained
- A robust career development plan, including a library of core learning modules and on the job technical training
- 25 days’ annual leave, plus bank holidays, with the option to buy up to 15 additional days leave per year
- 2 volunteer days per year for you to use for a cause that matters to you
- Local graduate forums & a strong graduate network across all locations
- Annual events, such as our 2-day graduate induction, ski trips, away weekends, team building activities - check out our grad community page
How to apply
Our deadline for applications is Wednesday 2nd January 2019. Some of our programmes are incredibly popular, to avoid disappointment (where some roles may close earlier) we recommend you apply as soon as possible. For further details on our recruitment process please refer to our website.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (or in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.