Building Surveying Graduate Scheme 2019 - Infrastructure
As a Graduate Building Surveyor within Infrastructure, you will work in a multi-disciplinary environment to deliver a full suite of Building Surveyor duties. We can offer extremely varied and interesting work with a large number of high profile public and private sector clients.
Whether designing/project managing iconic buildings or maintaining property portfolios, our pride and passion is in offering intelligent, sustainable solutions and unrivalled expertise. We design with people in mind and we’ve designed our graduate opportunities to provide you with unique experiences as you play your part in all kinds of challenging projects.
We offer a world of opportunities from the projects you’ll work on to the directions you can take your career in. Whatever your ambitions we’ve a role to match your passion and degree, while our training will help you achieve Chartered status and develop industry skills that are highly sought after.
Join us in our vision to be the world’s best Infrastructure Consultancy, working with a broad range of clients to influence policy and future technology.
What you’ll be doing
With a Bachelor’s degree in building surveying, you’ll work on a variety of construction related and property inspection/maintenance projects. Undertaking building and site surveys, you’ll get the opportunity to develop your CAD skills preparing project specifications and design drawings.
Key activities include:
- Working across a number of projects in different sectors and providing a range of building surveying duties.
- Producing designs, specifications and undertaking / assisting with Contract Administration duties.
- Undertaking building surveys and producing professional reports.
Where you’ll be based
Opportunities are available in Bristol, Colchester, Glasgow, Leeds, London, Epsom, Newcastle and Warrington.
Who we’re looking for
- Talented graduates with/expecting a 2.2 or above BSc degree (or equivalent) in Building Surveying.
- You’ll have ambition, vision, enthusiasm and the drive to keep on developing your technical skills and achieve professional status (RICS).
- Good written standard of English and oral communication abilities.
- Good IT skills, Word and Excel as a minimum. Knowledge of CAD and Revit systems would be an advantage.
- Ability to apply your technical knowledge to analyse problems and create innovative solutions.
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills.
- A full driving licence and a flexible approach to travel as our projects and training may take you to a variety of locations in the UK.
Rewards and Benefits
If you join us you will be working on some of the most challenging engineering projects of our time, helping to shape the future of Infrastructure. You will have opportunities to work closely with clients, spending time within their organisations and taking learning from some of the most experienced engineers in the industry. Our 3-year flexible graduate scheme promises to give you the support you need to develop your technical, commercial and consultancy skills. Some of our benefits, to name a few, include:
- A settling in payment of £2,500 when you join – paid within the first month
- Continuous support and mentoring to achieve chartered status with your chosen institution, funded by Atkins. With a chartership bonus of £2,500 once complete
- A robust career development plan, including a library of core learning modules and on the job technical training
- 25 days’ annual leave, plus bank holidays, with the option to buy up to 15 additional days per year
- 2 volunteer days per year for you to use for a cause that matters to you
- Assigned graduate buddy upon joining and a strong graduate network across all locations
- Various annual events, such as our 2-day graduate induction, ski trips, away weekends and team building activities
How to apply
Our deadline for applications is Wednesday 2nd January 2019. Some of our programmes are incredibly popular, to avoid disappointment (where some roles may close earlier) we recommend you apply as soon as possible. For further details on our recruitment process please refer to our website.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (or in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.