Engineering Technology Graduate Scheme (2019) - Infrastructure
We are looking for graduate mechanical and civil engineers to join our Engineering Technology team in Epsom. This team is part of the Infrastructure business and specialises in stress analysis, structural integrity assessments and structural dynamics. Its engineers use finite element analysis and other software to predict the behaviour of civil, structural and mechanical hardware. The team has expertise in the following areas:
- Stress analysis
- Structural dynamics
- Fatigue and fracture analysis
- Thermal analysis
- Industrial vibration monitoring
- Wind monitoring
- Seismic engineering
- Blast and impact assessment
- Advanced materials
- Wind energy
- Wind loading effects
- Pedestrian and crowd loading
- Vehicle loading
Where you’ll be based
Who we’re looking for
- Talented graduates with/expecting a 2.2 or above MEng/MSc degree (or equivalent) in Civil or Mechanical Engineering
- Good written standard of English and oral communication abilities
- Ability to apply your technical knowledge to analyse problems and create innovative solutions
- Ambition, vision, enthusiasm and the drive to keep on developing your technical skills and achieve Chartered status
- Experience or an interest in developing the application of computer programming and other digital solutions to engineering problems
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills
- A flexible approach to travel as our projects and training may take you to a variety of locations in the UK and possibly abroad
- Ideally some design or site experience gained on a work placement.
Rewards & Benefits
If you join us you will be working on some of the most challenging engineering projects of our time, helping to shape the future of Infrastructure. You will have opportunities to work closely with clients, spending time within their organisations and taking learning from some of the most experienced engineers in the industry. Our 3-year flexible graduate scheme promises to give you the support you need to develop your technical, commercial and consultancy skills. Some of our benefits, to name a few, include:
- A settling in payment of £2,500 when you join – paid within the first month
- Continuous support and mentoring to achieve chartered status with your chosen institution, funded by Atkins. With a chartership bonus of £2,500 once complete.
- A robust career development plan, including a library of core learning modules and on the job technical training.
- 25 days’ annual leave, plus bank holidays, with the option to buy up to 15 additional days per year
- 2 volunteer days per year for you to use for a cause that matters to you
- Assigned graduate buddy upon joining & a strong graduate network across all locations
- Various annual events, such as our 2-day graduate induction, ski trips, away weekends, team building activities.
How to apply
Please visit the Atkins Global graduate recruitment website and select ‘Infrastructure – Building Services, Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Graduate Scheme (2019)’, reference GR-XXX. Civil engineers can apply directly to job reference GR-XXX. Please refer to ‘Engineering Technology’ in your responses to the main application questions. The location is Epsom. If you have any queries please contact Suzanne Hatswell, Graduate Advisor Suzanne.Hatswell@atkinsglobal.com
Initial closing date
Our deadline for applications is Thursday 27th December 2018. Due to the popularity of some of our programmes we may shut before this deadline, therefore to avoid disappointment we would advise applying as early as possible.
N.B. This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not refer to (or in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.