Transportation - Project Management Summer and Industrial Year Placements (2019)
Join our innovative project management team and it will be up to you to make sure our transportation projects run smoothly. You’ll be involved in everything from design, contracts and budgets, to purchasing and on-site construction. It’s a big job. But you’ll enjoy bringing everyone and everything together to deliver some of the largest and most challenging engineering projects in the transportation industry.
Where you’ll be based
Our Summer and Industrial Year placements are available in Bristol.
What you’ll be doing
You will also have opportunities to run small projects by yourself and ensure they are delivered on time and on budget. There’s an array of chances for you to develop your skillset, build up your experience and grow an impressive portfolio.
Transportation is involved in some of the most technically challenging design and engineering projects in the rail industry. Providing an opportunity to work alongside some of the industry’s leading engineers and gain experience of being part of the project teams behind some of the Rail industry’s major infrastructure projects.
East West Rail, HS2 and M4 CANs are all projects that you could working on.
As a placement student, you’ll:
• Disseminate project information to stakeholders
• Develop and maintain project deliverables under the direction of the Project Director and Project Managers to secure and measure progress
• Collect and input data in to project trackers and databases
• Attend Project Meetings and support with meeting minutes
• Preparation of meeting material to include reports, presentations and agendas
• Project cost analysis, monitoring cost and assessing earned value
• Assisting in the preparation of Project Management and Commercial Reports for the Senior Management Team
• Assisting in Work Package Management processes
Who we're looking for:
• Undergraduates on track to achieve a bachelor’s (2.1 or above) or masters (2.2 or above) in Business Management, Construction Project Management, Project Management, Physics, Maths, Data Science or any Engineering degree discipline
• Confident working on your own initiative and as part of multidisciplinary teams
• A good communicator who can analyse problems, create innovative solutions and manage your time effectively
• Prepared to undergo a medical assessment, as some roles may involve working on site
• Experience with APM or PRINCE2 would be advantageous
• Knowledge of transporting systems or engineering would be advantageous
To get a real feel for our culture or learn about what makes life at Atkins so great – just select the handle from your favorite social media platform and take a look #insideatkins
Benefits & Rewards
When you join our Transportation team, you’ll be empowered to be the professional you want to be, working on projects you feel proud of. You will be part of an international team, making a real difference to the world around you and leaving a lasting legacy for future generations.
Our benefits, to name a few, include:
• dedicated support from your line manager who will create personalised objectives with you, so you can get the most out of your time with us to support you with your studies and beyond
• our top performing placement students have the opportunity to be nominated straight onto our Graduate Development Programme