Transportation - Business Development Industrial Year Placement (2019)
SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins Transportation business covers all aspects of multidisciplinary design and management from inception to options appraisal through to detailed scheme design and delivery support. We are one of the UK’s leading multi-disciplinary consultancies engaged in numerous high-profile projects for Clients in both the Public and Private Sector.
SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of new and exciting ideas. We have a vision to shape the future of transportation, to lead where others follow and to deliver the future of mobility today. Our Transportation Division covers all aspects of multidisciplinary design and management from inception to options appraisal through to detailed scheme design and delivery support.
We are looking to appoint a dynamic, enthusiastic and proactive individual to support our Business Development Win Work Team within the Transportation division. The Win Work Team is made up of 30 individuals based across the country and provide a centralised bidding support function to the Transportation business.
The role will be based in Warrington or Birmingham and may involve working with the Win Work Team who are based in multiple offices. You will have a direct reporting line to a Birmingham based Proposal Manager.
• Preparing research and client intelligence documents in advance of tender opportunities being released to brief the bid team
• Assisting the Win Work Team in monitoring and maintaining the pipeline to track longer-term business opportunities in key client and market sectors so that team can respond accordingly
• Assisting bid managers in preparing bid submissions such as pre-qualification questionnaires and tender documents, working with colleagues from across the business as appropriate
• Manage elements of the bidding process collecting and maintaining up-to-date experience and project images, exemplar answers, client references and testimonials and maintaining oversight of all bid related activity
• Contributing to the ‘smarter bidding’ drive and bidding best practice initiatives to improve the quality, cost-effectiveness, system compliance and success of all bid submissions
• Co-ordinating, maintaining and updating a portfolio of current bidding material stored on a MS SharePoint site
• Help develop new initiatives to improve business performance such as developing new tools/processes using the Microsoft Office 365 Suite
Who we're looking for:
• Undergraduates on track to achieve a bachelor’s (2.1 or above) or masters (2.2 or above) in marketing-related degree
• Be enthusiastic and proactive in their role in suggesting potential opportunities for improvements
• Strong interpersonal skills – able to deal with people at all levels
• Be committed to quality and attention to detail
• Have excellent communication skills (both verbal and written English)
• Be computer literate - a good knowledge of MS Office packages is essential
• Have good numerical/analytical skills and be able to present a reasoned argument
• Be able to act in a professional manner regarding commercially sensitive information
• Project management skills - be able to manage your own time and work to strict deadlines
• Excellent proof reading skills and attention to detail
To get a real feel for our culture or learn about what makes life at Atkins so great – just select the handle from your favorite social media platform and take a look #insideatkins
Benefits & Rewards
When you join our Transportation team, you’ll be empowered to be the professional you want to be, working on projects you feel proud of. You will be part of an international team, making a real difference to the world around you and leaving a lasting legacy for future generations.
Our benefits, to name a few, include:
• dedicated support from your line manager who will create personalised objectives with you, so you can get the most out of your time with us to support you with your studies and beyond
• our top performing placement students have the opportunity to be nominated straight onto our Graduate Development Programme