Infrastructure - Building Surveying Summer and Industrial Year Placement (2019)
As a student Building Surveyor within Infrastructure, you’ll be working in a multi-disciplinary environment to deliver a full suite of Building Surveyor duties. We can offer extremely varied and interesting work with a large number of high profile public and private sector clients.
Whether designing/project managing iconic buildings or maintaining property portfolios, our pride and passion is in offering intelligent, sustainable solutions and unrivalled expertise. We design with people in mind. And we’ve designed our placement opportunities to provide you with unique experiences as you play your part in all kinds of challenging projects.
We offer a world of opportunities, from the projects you’ll work on, to the directions you can take your career in. Whatever your ambitions we’ve a role to match your passion and degree. Join us in our vision to be the world’s best Infrastructure Consultancy, working with a broad range of clients to influence policy and future technology.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be working on a variety of construction related and property inspection/maintenance projects. Undertaking building and site surveys, you’ll get the opportunity to develop your CAD skills preparing project specifications and design drawings.
Key activities include:
• working across a number of projects in different sectors and providing a range of building surveying duties
• producing designs, specifications and undertaking/assisting with Contract Administration duties
• undertaking building surveys and producing professional reports
Where you’ll be based
We have a summer placement opportunity available in our Newcastle office.
Year in industry opportunities are also available in Bristol and Newcastle.
Who we’re looking for
• be a talented undergraduate on track to achieve a 2.2 or above BSc degree (or equivalent) in Building Surveying
• have the ambition, vision, enthusiasm and drive to keep on developing your technical skills
• have a good written standard of English and verbal communication skills
• possess good IT skills, Word and Excel as a minimum. Knowledge of CAD and Revit systems would be an advantage
• be able to apply your technical knowledge to analyse problems and create innovative solutions
• have strong interpersonal and team working skills
To get a real feel for our culture or learn about what makes life at Atkins so great – just select the handle from your favourite social media platform and take a look #insideatkins
Rewards and Benefits
If you join us you will be working on some of the most challenging engineering projects of our time, helping to shape the future of Infrastructure. You will have opportunities to work closely with clients, spending time within their organisations and taking learning from some of the most experienced engineers in the industry.
Some of our benefits, to name a few, include:
• dedicated support from your line manager who will create personalised objectives with you, so you can get the most out of your time with us to support you with your studies and beyond
• our top performing placement students have the opportunity to be nominated straight onto our Graduate Development Programme