Faithful+Gould - Project Management Industrial Year Placement (2019)
Faithful+Gould is a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, we advise on some of the world’s most exciting construction related projects – from giant petrochemical plants to the world’s tallest hotel, and from London’s Heathrow Airport to the Freedom Tower in New York.
With over 70 years’ experience in the UK our team of 1,100 experts across our 24 offices has helped transform the region into the live, work and play destination it is today through our portfolio of projects across the property, transport and infrastructure sectors. In 2017 SNC Lavalin, a global fully integrated professional services and project management company, acquired Faithful+Gould, creating an extensive depth of geographic exposure across 50 countries and the breadth of 53,000 experts. Together our expert consultancy covers the full lifecycle of projects and our world-class expertise at scale delivers value to our clients. The depth and breadth of our capabilities sets us apart from the competition.
Our success is built on hiring and then developing the very best people. Our standards are high, as are the rewards for those who join our team. Our placement students are the next generation of that workforce – you’re our future experts.
We strive to build strong relationships by understanding the challenges our clients face, sharing their vision and helping them transform potential into reality. Our core suite of digital platforms and tools underpin our service delivery model and through innovation, standardisation and automation, we maximise efficiencies for our clients to save time and money. Our cutting-edge independent advice and support enables our clients to turn bold ideas into reality and deliver their most important projects and programmes.
What you’ll be doing
As a project management placement student you’ll form an integral part of our established team of project and programme management practitioners and will be supported in all aspects of your career development. Our project managers are involved in some of the world’s largest construction projects as well as some of the most complex, requiring meticulous planning to ensure successful delivery to our clients and stakeholders. You’ll work in a wide variety of industry sectors and will develop your skills on a multitude of projects, learning from some of the best professionals in the world. You’ll be developing your confidence, building upon your communication and problem solving skills as well as honing your management abilities.
Who we’re looking for
• be a talented undergraduate, on track to achieve a 2.2 degree, ideally in project management, however, we’re happy to consider any discipline providing you’re able to demonstrate the necessary commercial or technical acumen
• have ambition, vision, enthusiasm and the drive to keep on developing your technical skills
• possess a passion for working in a fully inclusive consultancy environment, you’ll want to work with clients and teams who deliver for their clients
• be adaptable and at ease dealing with uncertainty. Communication and team-working will be your key skills as well as the ability to apply your technical knowledge to analyse problems and create innovative solutions.
Where you’ll be based
We have undergraduate opportunities available in Edinburgh and London.
Rewards & Benefits
At Faithful and Gould, you’ll be working on some of the most prestigious, innovative and demanding construction challenges around the globe, helping us to turn bold ideas into reality. You will have opportunities to work closely with clients, spending time within their organisations and taking learning from some of the most experienced surveyors and project managers in the industry.
Our benefits, to name a few, include:
• dedicated support from your line manager who will create personalized objectives with you, so you can get the most out of your time with us to support you with your studies and beyond
• our top performing placement students have the opportunity to be nominated straight onto our Graduate Development Programme.
In addition, you’ll also receive a competitive salary and a range of benefits.
To get a real feel for our culture or learn about what makes life at Atkins so great – just select the handle from your favourite social media platform and take a look #insideatkins