Graduate - Content Science
Here at Sparx we're using a scientific and research-based approach that takes the guesswork out of education. Through data and real-world classroom observation, we're investigating what makes the best learning experience in order to improve educational outcomes for students, today and tomorrow.
Our platform for Maths uses custom-built content and a powerful, data-driven web and mobile framework to deliver a tailored set of exercises, games and incentives that are redefining the limits of what young people can achieve.
We’re looking for people with a real passion for education and a belief in the power of technology to improve it; people who want a challenge and people who want to make a difference.
As a member of our Content Science team, you’ll be central to the development of the product. You’ll use your knowledge of Maths, and insight into the learning process, to help the team develop engaging and radical new ways to teach topics that can unlock a whole new world of understanding for students. In a nutshell, you’ll be helping to shape how the next generation learn.
Your key responsibilities could include some or all of the following, depending on the current company needs:
- Support the development of content for the Sparx platform.
- Suggesting new ideas to improve content design and efficiency, lesson flow, rewards and video tutorials.
- Collaborate with the rest of the Sparx team to find out what’s working (and what’s not) through the gathering and analysis of information and observing school lessons.
- Providing in-lesson support and training for teachers within schools using the Sparx system.
- Working as a school partner, developing and maintaining successful relationships between Sparx and key stakeholders such as teachers and Heads of Department.
- Assist with quality assurance to ensure the system is performing brilliantly, while supporting the development of new tools and procedures.
- Work with the dynamic, eclectic and inspiring Sparx team to ensure the product is the best it can be.
You’ll get to plan the research from the start and try it out in the classroom, reporting your findings and delivering the results. You’ll be supporting this process as it continues to evolve, taking on more responsibility as time goes on. You’ll have a great oversight of what’s going on in our system and in the classroom so that you’re best placed to help out if someone needs assistance.
You’ll be able to demonstrate a scientific, evidence-based approach to working. Your extraordinary attention to detail, and pride in what we’re creating, means your standards are always high. Your logical thinking, combined with your appreciation of what makes a great lesson, means you’ll have plenty of suggestions for the team.
Things move quickly at Sparx so you’ll be able to work under pressure, get going of your own accord and use your initiative to get things done. You’ll be able to work at speed without compromising on accuracy and be able to work as part of a team. You’re an excellent communicator, listener, organiser and someone that enjoys building relationships. You’re also resilient, tenacious and open to feedback.
Here is an overview of some of the specific skills and experience we’re looking for:
- Minimum 2:1 in Maths, Science, Engineering or any relevant technical and numerate degree.
- Demonstrable experience of multitasking, prioritising your workload and meeting deadlines.
- Being a good team player who is positive and infectiously enthusiastic about the values and vision of Sparx.
- Teaching and/or tutoring experience.
- Customer service, relationship building or project management experience.
- Knowledge of education and school system.
We’re about living life, not putting it on hold. Our generous benefits include substantial holiday leave and the chance to join our company pension. We have a range of on-site facilities for all employees to use free of charge. On site we have a netball court, a five-a-side football pitch, a running track, a pool table, an Olympic table tennis table, as well as an on-site gym with classes throughout the day. Our café serves delicious, local organic food. Did we mention it’s all free? On top of this you’ll have great views from your office window of the foothills of Dartmoor and boats out at sea on the horizon, with the beach just 20 minutes away. Plus, we’re constantly organising events and activities to support our charities, and to socialise. Our work is serious but we’re all about having fun while we do it!
To find out more, and to see the other roles we are recruiting for, please visit our website.
How to apply
If you think you’ve got what it takes then tell us about yourself by applying now.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!