Content Science Graduate
Here at Sparx we're using a scientific and research-based approach that takes the guesswork out of education. Through data and real-world classroom observation, we're investigating what makes the best learning experience in order to improve educational outcomes for students, today and tomorrow.
Our platform for Maths uses custom-built content and a powerful, data-driven web and mobile framework to deliver a tailored set of exercises, games and incentives that are redefining the limits of what young people can achieve.
We’re looking for people with a real passion for education and a belief in the power of technology to improve it; people who want a challenge and people who want to make a difference.
As a member of our Content Science team, you’ll be central to the development of the product. You’ll use your knowledge of Maths, and insight into the learning process, to help the team develop engaging new ways to teach topics that can unlock a whole new world of understanding for students. In a nutshell, you’ll be helping to shape how the next generation learn.
Your key responsibilities could include some or all of the following, depending on the current company needs:
- Supporting the development of content for the Sparx platform.
- Suggesting new ideas to improve content design and efficiency, rewards and video tutorials.
- Collaborating with the rest of the Sparx team to find out what’s working (and what’s not) through the gathering and analysis of lesson data and through school observations.
- Providing in-lesson support and training for teachers within schools using the Sparx system.
- Working with our partner schools, developing and maintaining successful relationships between Sparx and key stakeholders such as teachers and Heads of Department.
- Assisting with quality assurance to ensure the system is performing brilliantly, while supporting the development of new tools and procedures.
- Working with the dynamic, eclectic and inspiring Sparx team to ensure the product is the best it can be.
You’ll have a great oversight of what’s going on in our system and in the classroom.
You’ll be in your penultimate year of study, expecting to graduate from a Bachelors or Masters degree in 2019. You’ll currently be on track for at least a 2:1 undergraduate degree in Maths, Science, Engineering or any other relevant numerate and technical discipline..
Here is an overview of some of the specific skills and experience we’re looking for:
- Minimum 2:1 in Maths, Science, Engineering or any relevant technical and numerate degree.
- Demonstrable experience of multitasking, prioritising your workload and meeting deadlines.
- Being a good team player who is positive and infectiously enthusiastic about the values and vision of Sparx.
- Teaching and/or tutoring experience.
- Customer service, relationship building or project management experience.
- Knowledge of education and school system.
We’re about living life, not putting it on hold. Our generous benefits include substantial holiday leave and the chance to join our company pension. We have a range of on-site facilities for all employees to use free of charge. On site we have a netball court, a five-a-side football pitch, a running track, a pool table, an Olympic table tennis table, as well as an on-site gym with classes throughout the day. Our café serves delicious, local organic food. Did we mention it’s all free? On top of this you’ll have great views from your office window of the foothills of Dartmoor and boats out at sea on the horizon, with the beach just 20 minutes away. Plus, we’re constantly organising events and activities to support our charities, and to socialise. Our work is serious but we’re all about having fun while we do it!
How to apply
If you think you’ve got what it takes, then tell us about yourself by applying now.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!