Information Technology Summer Internship
This pension fund is seeking to modernise their ways of working through the utilisation of Microsoft 365 apps including Teams, SharePoint, PowerApps, Dynamics 365, Flow and PowerBI. Their goals are to reduce reliance on email, introduce workflow automation via no-code solutions, improve collaboration, increase transparency and accessibility of data and move towards a paperless office.
The team are looking for a bright candidate with strong technical skills who can dive into the extensive online training and support materials available to conduct research and create working demo’s showcasing how these tools could be used with the intention of creating a fully functional proof of concept for consideration and ideally promotion to live use.
Applicants will be studying towards or will have graduated from a course related to computer science, business information systems, management studies or project management. You must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Advanced computer literacy (knowledge of Microsoft 365 with particular focus on Teams, SharePoint, PowerApps & Power BI).
- Strong initiative and ability to conduct independent research and learning
- Creative problem solving (ability to find unique solutions to complex problems)
- Ability to present complex concepts to a broad audience
- Ability to engage with stakeholders to elicit and document project requirements
- Some knowledge of business analyst core competencies as described in the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK v3)
In addition, you will be curious about change / project management and confident and willing to find your own answers through reading up about areas you are unfamiliar with. There will be support from the resident business analyst and technical teams but the majority of the time you will need to work independently.
Please do not wait until the deadline, apply now and suitable applicants will be invited to a telephone interview with us here at Step to assess your suitability. Please use the personal statement part of your Step profile to tell us why you think you would be the best person for the summer internship which is anticipated to last for 10 weeks from June 2019.
Once your application is received via email, suitable applicants will be invited to register and apply for the role via an online process. This is to ensure that the correct consents are collected in relation to the processing of your data.