Sandwich or Graduate placement - Food industry
This manufacturer of a range of frozen products has a unit in west Yorkshire that is responsible for Supply Chain Management. They are looking for a graduate or an undergraduate who is on a sandwich placement course to undertake a placement with them.
This is a wide-ranging and challenging placement in a successful business operating in a tough market environment. You will gain overall knowledge of Supply Chain Management as well as the overall business, and will have the opportunity to make a positive impact on the logistics supply chain.
You should be studying a Business or Supply Chain related degree that incorporates a year-long sandwich placement, and have an interest in Supply Chain Management. Graduates may also be considered.
If you speak German that would be ideal, but this is not essential.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Monitor orders
- Check availability and update product stock
- Volume forecasting
- Tour Planning
- Liaise with Supply Chain to optimise customer service levels
- Regular communication with customers regarding delivery status
- Review of logistics costs against budget
- Use and analysis of customer databases
- Preparation of regular reports on performance, both internal and external
Plus any other business activities as required.
Based in Castleford and commutable from Leeds, Wakefield and Huddersfield. However, free accommodation close to the site is provided.
Sound good? If so please apply asap-the closing dates on our advertising are for guidance only and we always encourage early applications where possible.”