Machine Learning Graduate Internship
The host business is a World-leader in a range of services that support engineering design and building projects. They are looking to add a dynamic graduate with Machine Learning knowledge to their team. This is an opportunity to work for a global technology company that is committed to innovation. You will work with a strong and talented team in a challenging environment.
You will be supporting development of value added services through analysis of environmental forcing data (winds, waves, currents) and/or structural responses, as part of the Global R&D programme.
The successful developer will work in an agile environment. The role will include the following activities, and there will be support and development from experienced team members:
- Design and implement solutions against user stories through distillation into work tasks that deliver production quality Data Science.
- Test driven development within sprints.
- Communication within local teams and with the wider development network.
- Knowledge and experience in data analytics and Machine Learning .
- Practised at identifying and applying optimal Machine Learning techniques for solving complex problems within different data domains (Support Vector Machine[SVM], Decision Trees, Naïve Bayes, PCA, Clustering, model validation, classification vs regression, cross-validation)
- Versatility to work with different service teams to translate needs into Data Science projects.
- A Machine Learning related degree.
You will be based south of Oxford, but occasional travel to other offices may be required.
The role is for a 3-month project to work with a domain specialist and software team leader to deliver Machine Learning functionality to production system. There is the potential for a permanent role if successful- this would carry a higher salary / package.
*** Please note the deadlines on our advertising are for guidance only. Interested parties should apply at your earliest convenience.***
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!