Puma UK - Sportswear and Performance Marketing Sandwich Placement 2018-19
PUMA is one of the world’s leading sport lifestyle companies that designs and develops footwear, apparel and accessories. It is committed to working in ways that contribute to the world by supporting Creativity, Sustainability and Peace, and by staying true to the principles of being Fair, Honest, Positive and Creative in decisions made and actions taken.
PUMA starts in Sport and ends in Fashion. Its Sport Performance and Sportstyle labels include categories such as Football, Running, Motorsports, Golf and Sailing. Sport Fashion features collaborations with renowned designer labels such as Alexander McQueen, Mihara Yasuhiro and Sergio Rossi.
This placement will give you the opportunity to gain an overall understanding of Performance marketing through working with every area of the business and with all team members in this global sports lifestyle brand with over 60 years of heritage.
The Puma UK operation is purely a wholesale operation, where Puma UK selects from international designs. You will work within the performance marketing team, which is concerned with marketing to retail and fashion buyers within the UK market. There are four Puma launch events a year, which you will also be involved with, as well as having the opportunity to support Puma’s work with their performance brand assets.
You will support and manage the office facilities, including internal team communications, setting up meetings and taking minutes and providing a weekly update for PUMA. You will deliver on all servicing requests for Football Players, Runners and Events, as directed by the Player / Athlete Manager.
You will also have the opportunity to assist on catalogue shoots & photo shoots, and will support on the generation of high performing relationships with athletes and clubs in Football, Cricket and other team sports.
You will manage the representation of all Performance assets on internal databases, reports and files, and assist with the activation of the Great Run Series marketing roadmap. You will provide support to project management and the implementation of the agreed marketing and social media projects across the team, including key account road maps and key running and football partnerships.
- You will be a current student on a Sport, Sport Management or Sport Marketing related degree course looking to undertake your sandwich placement in 2018 – 2019. Recent graduates will also be considered on a one-year fixed term contract.
- You will have a good level of planning and organising skills, and will be self-motivated with the ability to work on your own initiative. You will have well-developed problem solving skills, and the ability to make decisions with conflicting information.
- You will be a confident, assertive and hardworking individual with excellent communication skills. You must have strong interpersonal and networking skills, with the ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent written and spoken English and knowledge of MS Office computer packages will be of benefit. Any Photoshop knowledge or experience is a bonus.
- You must be able to demonstrate your strong interest in and passion for sport and sport marketing and business functions.
- Finally, you will be commercially aware have a strong desire to make a difference for a global market leader.
Applicants must be available to complete a 12 month contract starting in June 2018.
Please note that the deadlines used on our job adverts are for guidance only. We advise all interested parties to apply as soon as possible. We reserve the right to close advertisements prior to the stated deadline.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!