Purchasing / Buying Sandwich Placement
Are you an undergraduate studying a Business degree with a purchasing / buying focus and looking for a Placement year for 2018/19? This West Midlands based opportunity could be ideal…
Handicare is a global company with sales in more than 20 countries; their UK offices are located in a town to the west of Dudley, in the west Midlands (not too far from Birmingham and Wolverhampton). They are committed to providing safe and reliable equipment for people with reduced mobility.
They believe that being local is essential in the healthcare sector, at the same time a high level of expertise is required to be successful. This is why they have organised activities into four strategic business units. Specialists from these units are responsible for the whole value chain; this includes product development, sourcing and international sales.
Group purchasing are a global team conducting centralised sourcing activities for all strategic business units within the Handicare group. In this role you will be a key member of the team, providing assistance and support to the group purchasing team based in the UK. Your responsibilities may include:
- Collecting and analysing data on regional and global suppliers
- Collecting and analysing data on raw material pricing
- Cost modelling
- Send RFI’s (Request for information) and RFQ’s (Request for quotation) to suppliers, prepare results for Buyer decision
- Participate in contract supplier negotiations
- Supporting buyers in the procurement function and general administration
- Assisting in Purchasing projects and other duties as required
There may even be some international travel.
A bit about you….
- You will currently be studying for a degree level qualification in Business Studies, ideally with Purchasing or Buying modules. Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point are required, together with the ability to learn new system quickly.
- Some of the essential skills for the role include: attention to detail, initiative, creativity, an ability to keep to deadlines, excellent communication skills both verbal and written, data analysis and organisation.
- We appreciate that as an undergraduate you will not have had the opportunity to demonstrate these skills to a great extent- but it’s all relative, and in comparison to the other undergraduates who are applying. Be ready to show evidence of where you fit the criteria as this is how applications will be assessed.
- Start date will be around early to mid-July and the role will last for a year; please note this opportunity is only suitable for an undergraduate who has a sandwich placement as part of their course.
Sound good? If so please apply asap-the closing dates on our advertising are for guidance only and we always encourage early applications where possible.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!