Graduate Software Engineering Internship
Are you a computer science / electronic engineering / technical graduate? Looking to gain experience and on the job training on real projects delivering software? This Birmingham based 12 week internship could be ideal…
- This employer is a world leader in Controller Area Network (CAN) and related technology, working across a number of industry sectors and specialising in a range of network technologies.
- They are looking to appoint a graduate for a 12 week internship to complete some product development- if all goes well then this may then lead to a permanent role.
- The role is for a software engineer working on new features for the company’s bus systems analysis software.
Key tasks will be:
- Prototyping of software in C#.Net by writing software to process Excel spreadsheets containing CAN bus electrical signals and output values such as mean, median, modal and standard deviation values
- Processed data to be displayed in a number of interesting graphical ways such as cluster plots, histograms etc.
- Applying rules over the data that provide a diagnosis of the quality or health of the signals
- Help with integration of these features into the main product
You will gain valuable experience and on the job training on real projects delivering software that will be used in the automotive, bus, truck and marine electronics industries..
There is some flexibility on degree type- Computer science or Electronic Engineering related degrees are preferred, though some other technical degrees will be considered.
The location is to the south-west of Birmingham, near Longbridge and not far from the M5.
You should have knowledge of C#.Net and Microsoft Excel, and it would be ideal if you have some knowledge of Embedded C programming and embedded systems, together with an understanding of electronics and control system networking- though this is not essential.
Sound good? If so please apply asap-the closing dates on our advertising are for guidance only and we always encourage early applications where possible.
Once your application is received via email, suitable applicants will be invited to register and apply for the role via an online process. This is to ensure that the correct consents are collected in relation to the processing of your data.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!