MSc Applied Economics
You’ll learn all about the fundamental principles of economic analysis. You'll also gain the skills to apply insights obtained from these principles in particular context such as:
- acquiring and analysing information
- supporting decision-making
- problem solving
- policy making in private and public sector organisations
The course is suitable for those intending to develop their careers in areas such as economics, banking, energy, central and local government, charities and management.
If you're already working in one of these areas, the course will enhance your effectiveness by developing skills in data analysis, decision-making, policy formation and communication.
Aims & objectives
The programme will provide you with:
- a good understanding of micro and macroeconomic theory
- experience in the application of relevant economic theory to policy development and decision making in public and private sector organisations
- an appreciation of the nature and functioning of markets, institutions and policy-making environments that condition and shape policy choices
- a good working knowledge of statistical and econometric modelling techniques that support analysis and decision-making
- skills in the methods and techniques of economic appraisal of projects and programmes
There’s two semesters of core and elective modules, followed by a dissertation.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!