MSc International Accounting & Finance
Why this course?
The programme is for graduates looking to broaden their previous study of accounting or for those already working in accounting or finance.
The course gives you an international perspective on the theory and practice of accounting. You’ll study financial management and securities markets. There’s a particular focus on the move towards harmonisation with international accounting standards and the impact of leading standard-setting authorities.
The course provides you with:
- an international perspective on accounting theories of income and value
- critical awareness of international accounting standards and their implementation
- sound understanding of financial theory and analysis
- appreciation of the nature and functioning of financial markets and institutions
- ability to apply analytical techniques in practice
The taught component of the course is covered in the first two semesters. Core modules include Principles of Finance and Accounting & Financial Analysis. Elective modules include Advanced Corporate Finance and Applications Advanced Accounting.
The research project will take up the third (summer) semester.
You’ll be assessed on your ability to select and apply relevant theory and research methods. This work may be linked to an issue raised by, or a problem to be solved for, an employer.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!