Graduate Cyber Security Specialist, Digital Risk & Security - National Grid
- You must have, or be predicted to gain, a 2:2 degree classification or above in the one of the following subjects: STEM or Cyber related degree.
- This programme consists of rotational placements and therefore you must be willing to relocate as and when the programme requires.
About the Role
If defending IT infrastructure and networks, hacking sites on behalf of National Grid or combating cyber-crimes appeals to you, then starting a career in cyber security is for you.
Your work will focus on understanding risks to the security of information or data, and you’ll be working in a variety of project/or real time roles covering risk management, governance and compliance, incident management, technical design or relationship management.
The services underpinning digital security are wide-ranging and so you could make your mark in:
- Incident and Threat Management
- Design and Delivery of Enterprise Architecture
- Digital Forensics
- Insider Threat Management
- Data analytics
- Security policy
- Risk & Compliance
- Research and Development
Key Tasks and Areas of Work
- You will be expected to deliver successful outcomes from a selection of the above work areas and experience how we manage the cyber risk.
- Analyse and assess potential security risks
- Develop plans to deal with such incidents by putting measures in place, and preparing technical reports.
- Carry out tests on a system to expose weaknesses in security
- Report on your finding to inform if upgrades or remediation decisions are required
- Ability to keep detailed records of investigations
Working in a fast-paced environment where no two days are the same. You will be at the heart of a team protecting National Grid assets from cyber-crime. This will provide real time experience of cyber security management at different levels within the organisation.
Disabilities and Reasonable Adjustments
If you consider yourself to have a disability, long term health condition and/or require any reasonable adjustments to complete any part of our application process, please make us aware as soon as possible so we can make the relevant adjustments.
Please also contact us if you require this, or any other document in an alternative format such as large print, braille, audio or easy read.
Telephone: 01926 654630
Due to the sensitive nature of this role, if your application is successful, you may be required to undergo National Security Vetting in addition to the standard background checks National Grid carry out. If these additional security checks are required, you may need to evidence that you have resided in the UK for the last 3 years. National Security Vetting is carried out by a third-party provider, UK Security Vetting (“UKSV”), which is part of the UK Government. More information about UKSV’s use of your personal data can be found on their website